Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Natural Chemistry Flea & Tick Spray

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MaxwellSmart 
#1 ·
Ok, I have to admit that my guys haven't been on any flea and tick preventative all summer. I know, I know. Stupid. BUT they're just fine...no problems whatsoever. In fact, they've had more issues with ticks while on Frontline.

I found this flea and tick spray at the pet supply store I go to. It's from Natural Chemistry and it's I think it's fairly new or people just stick to Frontline and Avantix and such because I can't find any online reviews of it and the store just started carrying it not too long ago. They aren't selling Frontline and Advantage anymore because of the chemicals present in them and they sell only holitsic products.

It's a weekly spray that it applied to the entire body and worked into the skin. I've had it in my cupboard for several weeks and haven't used it yet due to all of the cautions for HUMANS. It makes me nervous but i'm also one to easily be paranoid. The bottles states: *Caution: causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Wash throughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toliet.*

Ingredients: Acitve Ingredients:
Sodium lauryl sulfate 1.20%)
Cinnamon oil: (0.50%)
cedar wood oil (0.20%)
clove oil (0.20%)
Other Ingredients: Water, vanillin (benzaldehyde, 4-hydroxy-3-methoxy-) (97.90)

It has a very very strong clove scent. Every time I take it out of the cupboard it smells like thanksgiving haha.

Has anyone used this or a product like it? Any success? Even if you haven't, what do you think about it?

See less See more
#2 ·
I havent used anything like that but did use the frontline spray years ago and it made me sick. I guess I inhaled some of the fumes and never used it again. If you do use it do it outside so you dont have to smell it all in the house and use gloves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.