Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just steam cleaned my bedroom carpet and let's just say it was quite disgusting. I have two boys who like to wrestle in my bedroom since the rest of my house is hard wood. I have a very wooded back yard that grass does not grow easily in so lots of dirt is brought in on their coats and paws. I do wipe their paws off with a towel. I have a friend who wipes his dog's paws with baby wipes. Is this safe? I haven't read the package but was wondering if anyone on this forum uses this method.

Thanks!

Jill

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I can't imagine how many baby wipes I would go through trying to get all themud off my two. Sometimes I just use the hose.... :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I do use the hose for all over body mud but some days I just need to eliminate the dirt and funk they are tracking into my house on their paws. Does that Monster Paw really work? It looks interesting and have never seen that!
Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
For muddy days I keep a stack of small rag towels in the garage as well as a small bucket for water, dip feet and dry.
I also trim the excess hair from pads and feet to help.

We keep an old rug in the unused area of garage so they can stay out there for a while if they are really messy.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I live in the Pacific NW. Can you say lots of dampness in the winter? After taking Jonah on a walk he is quite muddy underneath his belly and leg hair and paws are quite muddy. I spray Cowboy Magic Green Spot Remover on his dirty parts then wipe down with microfiber towels. I keep a stack of these towels by the front door on a bench along with the Cowboy Magic for easy access. If you go to the Cowboy Magic website and plug in your zip code it will tell you where to purchase the products. Usually a feed store carries CM. He comes out totally clean.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I have to try that, I never seem to get all the mud off. And it really is disturbing that a couple hours later they are clean.... sometimes I look around at my house and wonder!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts