Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 weeks until we bring our pup home, but we are finding it impossible to agree on a name - the kids like Ozzy, husband likes anything car related and I like anything ending with 'Y'.......any suggestions?

:):):)

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Winston - I just love this name...did not fit the face of my guys.
Finley - was almost Scouts name.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Will your pup be a male or female??

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a boy!

I love Finley, but unfortunately I've already suggested it and husband didn't agree. I like Winston too, but I have a bad habit of shortening names and putting a 'Y' on the end - so he would end up as Winnie!:doh:

5 out of 6 of us agreed on Oscar (Ozzy for short) - I think there are too many of us to agree on anything lol!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I don't care for Oscar but I do like Ozzy.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Naming Dilemma!

It's the same naming dilemma at our house and the puppy hasn't even been born yet. My 12 year old made a power point presentation about naming our yet to be born golden! He did such a nice job! It's just so maddening! So many names and only one pup for this family!

·
8,164 Posts
I like the name Charlie (y)

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
We are getting our new puppy tomorrow!!! He's going to be a Murphy, we had the name picked out before the litter of puppies were ever born. I hope it fits him we already had a name tag printed. :) Good luck with picking a name.

·
8,164 Posts
My daughter is getting a new puppy and is naming her Gemma...I now its not a boys name, but she had it picked out before we even saw the puppies! I guess people do that...I thought she was the only one

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I just thought of Bentley, since your husband likes cars.
That's a good one! Or Chevy. Both also meet the ending in "y" criteria.

·
Registered
401 Posts
5 S's

We had Sadie and Samson (Sammy). Then came Suzy, Sully, and Scotty. My husband says the next dog has to have a different first letter because he gets confused with the S's. I am looking at Gracie for a girl. (Sully Ann is for Sullivan and Scotty is named for Star Trek.)

·
8,164 Posts
I love the name Gracie!!

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
I just thought of Bentley, since your husband likes cars.
That's a good one! Or Chevy. Both also meet the ending in "y" criteria.

Ooh! I like both of these! My bf is also a huge car guy, and Bentley was also a good contender when we were deciding on names for Molson.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Izzy? Iggy?

I love the name Dexter too, but it doesn't fit your requirements.

Car related... uh... Fender? Lol, I dunno. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts