Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we're going to be getting our golden pup in about 3-4 weeks. My daughter has been trying to come up with possible names for her. She is a light colored golden. We're planning on spending a little time with her before we decide on anything final, but I'd love to hear some suggestions to help give us some choices of possible names. Thanks for any suggestions offered.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Any blonde actresses you like?? Hobbies?? Theme for the litter??? Favorite childhood animals?? I've always loved Annie for a female. Others.... Molly, Sally, Jenny, Bailey, Sammy.............. the list could go on and on.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Any favorite charactors form books? Kirby is named from a book and Darby from a movie. I also searched for scotish names because of their ancestry (they didn't appeal to me but you may find one). I think naming your dog is very personal, to the individual dog and the people sharing it's life.

I am sure your family find the right name after spending time with the puppy. Something will just "pop"!

v

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Ummm... go with Bailey if you want to meet 3 other dogs at the park with the same name, on any given day :doh:

Note to self: Be more original next time.

·
Registered
776 Posts
my kids chose the name maddison and the breeder wanted her to have a middle name so the kids decided on amber so we have a maddison amber.....but i wanted another name and had a list but no one liked my names sadly.....some of my favorites were: scarlett, willow, maggie, hannah, katie, thyme, shaye, sage, oh i had so many names lol....

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
Nikita
Colby
Dash
Gracie
Morgan
Pandora(Panda)
Robin
Langley
Baffin
Belle
Dazzle
Taylor
Trixie
Heather
Tilly
Poppy
Pansy
Cypress
Delilah

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pick something that fits the puppy. I went with Bentley for the following reasons:
1. English
2. Leaks everywhere
3. Paid too much
4. Will never work
5. Requires tons of maintenance
6. Had to get on a wait list to get the model I wanted
7. Put in the wrong fuel and its gonna cost a fortune
8. I'm not letting anyone take him out of the driveway
9. Limited color options
10. I'd sell the house before parting with him :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts