Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
You can also check Home Depot or one of those stores, I got my Dremel for less than 40.00. I think you can get her use to it... start slowly.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did it take you long to learn how to use it? I'm so worried I'm going to hurt her. That's why I hate cutting her nails. AND she has light colored nails, so you can see the quick. What am I going to do with Archie and his black nails????

DH wants me to use the air tool he has. Sometimes I wonder about him. Sure I'll bring the dogs to the garage for a nail trim with your powerful air tools.....:doh:

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
I was given one as a Christmas gift but haven't used it yet. I was going to take it with me on my next Vet visit and let the techs look at it. Ike's pretty easy where his nail trimming is concerned, but he hates motor sounds and this tool makes a bit of noise and vibrates. I thought I'd let them help me just in case he tries to bolt.

Mine has an opening that the nail fits into. It can only enter so far, in theory to prevent injury.

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
I started out slow and only did a little bit off the nail at first. Mine has a high and low, I found with Maggie(who gets her nails done when she is in a good mood) if I do it on high and quick , shes good with it.... Cruiser likes to have his done, so his is done on low. I think he would sit there all day and let me do it until he had no nail left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts