Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
N.C. = Gorgeous Red Golden Ret. in Dallas, NC to die today!!
http://egov2.co.gaston.nc.us/AnimalWebPub/hknlinq.aspx?A,P,A,GOLRETX,0,20111219,0

PLEASE CROSS POST FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL RETRIEVER AT THE SHELTER! URGENT! BEING PUT DOWN today!!!!

Gaston County Animal Control
220 Leisure Lane
Dallas, NC 28034
Phone: 704-922-8677
http://egov2.co.gaston.nc.us/AnimalWebPub/hknlinq.aspx?A,P,A,GOLRETX,0,20111219,0

If you are a rescue that can help save lives of any of the pets on this email, you MUST SEND AN EMAIL TO:
[email protected], [email protected] AND [email protected], [email protected]

Picture Not Available
Year 2011 Tag# 7823 Type DOG Sex MALE
Breed RETRIEVER X Color RED
Cage # M11 Age 3-4YEAR Adopt/Rescue/ Euthanasia Date 12/19/2011
ADOPTABLE(GOLD) Admitted Date 12/13/2011
Area Pickup:
FAIRFIELD DR, GASTONIA

I emld. the Golden Ret. Rescues for this boy. He looks like my Tucker!

Attachments

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Oh my goodness... what a gorgeous boy!! I really want to take him, but I know that would not go over well with mom.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Oh boy!He's gorgeous.It would be a crime.He's also young...Please,post if you know what happens.He has to be saved!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Fingers crossed for him. It hurt to scroll through all those dogs and cats that are going to be killed today.

·
Proudly Owned by Austin
440 Posts
Oh God, this is just so sad. I hate feeling so helpless, I wish I could afford another couple of pets. There ia a 6month old Smooth Coated Retriever puppy too, just 6mos. All the dogs and cats are so beautiful,so many of them to be put down today...

·
Sasha, Honey & Toro's Mom
741 Posts
Is there any news on this boy? My husband wants to drive down to pick him up, but I think we are too far away. Can't they give a Christmas reprieve. Are there any rescues that will take him.

·
Premium Member
18,410 Posts
Is there any news on this boy? My husband wants to drive down to pick him up, but I think we are too far away. Can't they give a Christmas reprieve. Are there any rescues that will take him.
Call the shelter, tell them you want to adopt him, then start driving. I don't think there is a too far to save his life.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,600 Posts
Call the shelter, tell them you want to adopt him, then start driving. I don't think there is a too far to save his life.
I totally agree, if you want this boy, Call the Shelter RIGHT NOW!

Karen sent his info to the three GR Rescues here in NC, not aware of a commitment by any of the groups yet.

You could also contact any of the forum members that live in NC who are signed up for Transport to see if any of them are willing to help pull this boy and transport him too.

ETA: TRANSPORT INFO FOR NC MEMBERS

NORTH CAROLINA
doglvr00 30 minutes south of Raleigh, NC
fostermom Raleigh, NC
GoldenMum High Point, NC
goldielocks Carolina Beach/Wilmington, NC
Merlins mom Charlotte, NC
nolefan 10 minutes south of Charlotte, NC
*Augustus McCrae's Mom willing to go to Charlotte, NC

·
Registered
433 Posts
Oh, he is gorgeous!!

If you're serious, I'm on the NC-VA line, about 3 hours from Gaston County. I'd be happy to pick him up and meet you somewhere.

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
I can help with Transport if needed for a short distance, Gaston shelter is not too far from me.... Hopefully it's not too late....

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
I've just emailed the Intake Coordinator with GRRCC for an APB on this guy, I am sure they are on it... but will report back with what I hear....

·
Gigi l'amoroso
52 Posts
OMG, what a relief! I was afraid to read any bad news when I clicked to the second page. It was so heartbreaking looking through all of these pictures. Some of those puppies are less than a year! I hope they all get adopted. If only I could offer them all a home. So heartbreaking :(

·
Sasha, Honey & Toro's Mom
741 Posts
That's wonderful! We are at the very top of Virginia. We could have pulled him and fostered him, but we couldn't have kept him. We have three goldens now and that is definitely our limit. Something in his eyes just touched me this morning. I am just so glad that he is being saved and will hopefully have a wonderful Christmas.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts