Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing in life can prepare you the loss of your pet.

My 11-year-old golden passed away on 9/27/21. He was my best friend, and letting him go was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. His name was Lucas and he was the last one of his litter. He enjoyed sunbathing, chasing balls and getting his back rubbed. He was with me all throughout college, getting my 1st big girl job, moving away etc. I thought he would be with me for a couple more years but understand life had different plans for him. I miss you my sweet sweet boy.

Smile Dog Couch Dog breed Comfort

Cloud Sky Atmosphere Dog Ecoregion

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your loss of Lucas. He looks like a sweet boy in your photo. It's hard to lose your furry friend. Take comfort in knowing that you gave him a great life and he loved you as much as you loved him.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Lucas looks like a very sweet boy. It really is losing a best friend. I hope your happy memories give you comfort.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I'm so sorry. Most of us here understand how painful this is. Lucas had such a sweet sugar face.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm so sorry. Most of us here understand how painful this is. Lucas had such a sweet sugar face.
Thank you so much. I knew people here would understand the pain I'm going through. I appreciate your kind words.

·
Registered
Ozzie, passed away 7/3/2021
22 Posts
Nothing in life can prepare you the loss of your pet.

My 11-year-old golden passed away on 9/27/21. He was my best friend, and letting him go was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. His name was Lucas and he was the last one of his litter. He enjoyed sunbathing, chasing balls and getting his back rubbed. He was with me all throughout college, getting my 1st big girl job, moving away etc. I thought he would be with me for a couple more years but understand life had different plans for him. I miss you my sweet sweet boy.

View attachment 885929

View attachment 885930
I am so sorry about the passing of Lucas. Nothing can prepare us for the loss of our beloved dog. I have suffered many losses, but the loss of a best friend golden is the ultimate pain. Time will help, but just know that you were lucky to experience such love, and Lucas was lucky as well to live such a loved, good life. Everyone on this forum knows your pain, you are not crazy, you just loved and were loved. I am truly sorry.

·
3 goldens
12,116 Posts
I am so sorry and I well understand your broken heart. I lost my Great Pyrenees, Princess June one 9-27-2021 also. Perhaps they crossed together.. It doesn't matter how long we have them, it is never, ever long enough. You boy was so handsome and again I am so sorry.

Reactions: alorozco

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am so sorry and I well understand your broken heart. I lost my Great Pyrenees, Princess June one 9-27-2021 also. Perhaps they crossed together.. It doesn't matter how long we have them, it is never, ever long enough. You boy was so handsome and again I am so sorry.
I'm positive they crossed together. Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them so much.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss, the last picture was especially beautiful.

As I was reading I looked into the room next to me and our Golden was chewing away on a shoe. I admit I smiled at him and took in a memory. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm so sorry for your loss, the last picture was especially beautiful.

As I was reading I looked into the room next to me and our Golden was chewing away on a shoe. I admit I smiled at him and took in a memory. Thanks for sharing.
This made me smile. Thank you!

·
Registered
67 Posts
So sorry to hear about Lucas passing....I wanted to share by touching up your beautiful photo of him walking off into the sunset.....hope you don't mind....I removed the power pole and lines and enhanced it a little. Love and Support to you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts