Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
spencer, is almost 12yrs, and 5 months old, i am taking him to the vet. tomorrow, if i can get him in, he started throwing up, this week , no different foods, today he threw up twice, hrs. after he ate breakfast, then just a bit ago, about 1hr. after he ate his main meal, i am worried, hoping it is just a simple reason why, but i am scared.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I too, hope it is something minor but at his age it is worth getting it checked out quickly. I will be keeping you and Spencer in my thoughts. Please keep us updated.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
The seniors can really push the worry button for you. Fingers crossed that he's just got a little tummy bug....

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Hoping it's nothing at all, just an upset tummy. If it's any comfort Penny did this earlier this year. Well, I panicked, showed up at the vet's when they opened. They determined she had picked up an bacterial infection in her gut. She got some meds, yogurt on her food and was right as rain within hours.

Good luck and let us know!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
We will pray that Spencer is going to be ok and it is just a virus easily treated with antibiotics. Keep us posted.

·
now Mom to Kiwi
2,785 Posts
Fingers crossed for you and Spencer that it's nothing serious.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bet Spencer will be fine when you have him checked out by your vet. Our Maddie had a sensitive tummy especially as she got older. We had to give her Pepcid morning and night - rarely did she throw up after this treatment.

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
I hope Spencer's symptoms are nothing serious. I will be thinking about him and you today.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UPDATE, i took him to the vets, they did some blood work, he has elavated liver enzyames, and bile test is higher than should be, he has lost 16 pds, in one year, so we are having a ultrasound done tomorrow.

·
Tucker - Tanner - Cooper
1,624 Posts
Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way. Keep us updated !

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
We will keep saying prayers for him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts