Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far we are doing great. We spent the weekend camping and everyone there loved him. There was even a couple older couples at the campground with GoldenOldies that enjoyed him as well.

Last vet visit was alittle more then a week ago. He's up to 27lbs. House training is going well. I expected him to start giving us a better sign of when he needed out but he hasn't really yet. So I still take him out on my own every other hour or so. He's sleeping through the night in his crate without any issues.

We plan on getting him a dog bed soon to have in our room and putting the crate in it's permanent location.

He loves car rides and goes with me just about everywhere I go. Whenever I head to the garage door he always comes running hoping that I take him with me. He will go right up to the car door and wait for me to open it. My wife thinks it's funny that if i get out of the car and then come back he's on my seat and I just tell him to scoot over and he gets in the back seat.

One question though is it common for Goldens to dream alot or sleep restlessly? It seems almost every night he whimpers/runs in his sleep for a few moments.

Anyway I'm a dork and here's a collection of a few pics we've taken.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
You have a good boy there and a handsome one too. Those puppy dreams are very common and they do not seem to grow out of them. Keep the pictures coming and we love to watch them grow up here on the forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
One question though is it common for Goldens to dream alot or sleep restlessly? It seems almost every night he whimpers/runs in his sleep for a few moments
Whimper, whine, yip, "run", growl, woof, and bark loud enough to wake themselves up, and then look at YOU, as if to say: "what'd you do THAT for?"

They dream just like we do.

I've also talked to my Golden's when they're dreaming, if they seem distressed, and seen them calm back down, without ever waking up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.