Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, I was a bit worried for awhile. He had two "events" yesterday. We had a puppy playdate at our house in the morning and a 45-minute walk in a new park in the late afternoon. Casper is 17 weeks old. The visting pup, also a golden, was 8 weeks old. (And can I say it was the cutest thing ever! They were so gentle to each other. Not rambunctious at all.) After the visit, Casper slept for two hours. Then after the walk, another 90 minutes. This is in addition to his 45 minute nap before the playdate!

Today he was pretty much asleep all morning until dog school at 12:30. I hestitated to wake him up to take him to school. He was his usual self at dog school. He napped a bit when we got home, surprisingly not a lot. He was kind of restless, so my husband took him around the block. Asleep again, probably until his dinner time!

When he's awake, he's his usual self, eating, drinking, potty, energy, etc. Dog school and a new park always tire him out, but wow, I wasn't expecting this tired!

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
That's pretty typical for day after. Penny used to be wiped out the day after obedience class...well into her first year! It's stimulating physically, mentally and emotionally to have 2 events in one day. Enjoy a quiet day.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Brady was always exhausted the day after puppy kindergarten.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Obedience training always makes my pups calm. The mental training keeps them calm.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
When Coop was going to puppy kindergarden he too would come home and crash. Funny cause he could play rough with his older sister all day, but let him go to puppy class, and he was all tuckered out. Think this was normal for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts