Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... or he just enjoys water too much. lol in the past when I've ran water for my shower he's jumped in all defeated thinking it's his time for a bath. So I was just running water for my shower about 30 minutes ago and he tried again but I stopped him. Then I got in and started washing my hair and then in he comes! He just hops in the shower with me as chill as can be, licking water off my legs and catching some from the shower faucet. 9_9 It was just so funny I let him stay as long as he wanted, which was more most of my shower. Then he just got out and proceeded to put his head back in to catch more water in his mouth. XD Now he's all soaked and whining about it lol.

Any of your dogs ever do this because it's weird! But hilarious lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
haha....Bailey does that sometimes. She loves to lick legs after a shower. She loves running bath water too.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Ha, Ha, Ha, LOVE the picture! Darl'in, you've got a water dog! Have you taken him swimming yet? He is ready!!!

My dogs swim regularly and then get hosed off or baths when done. They are pretty good about it but do not come into the shower with me. They would rather swim then have showers.

Again...LOVE that picture!!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
My dog has jumped in the tub WITH ME while I'm taking a bath. For some reason she doesn't care too much for showers, though.

Love that pic of him! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Annie loves to join me in the shower, I lay a towel on the floor, and afterward, she rubs herself dry! They are too funny!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He actually went into the pond for the first time on Monday! I had to give him a push in but as soon as the water hit his paws, he jumped out and started running around like MAD like he just found god! lol He kept going in after that, slowly and only up to his tummy but that's a start! He hasn't gone in enough to actually "swim" but I'm super happy I got him into the water before it got too cold. =D

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Your husband might suggest he has good taste!;):D:D

He's adorable, all wet after his 'shower'.

btw, Penny won't even go out for potty in the morning if the sprinklers are on...we're safe in the shower!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Neh, not for Lucca. He doesn't really enjoy bathing but is ok with swimming if you throw balls in. He's attracted to the balls more than the swimming.

·
Lucy & Dory's Mom
2,760 Posts
Dory believes that it is her duty to lick Bart's legs dry after a shower. He always has to stop her when she gets too high though - nothing above the knee.

·
Hi, I'm Wendee
1,733 Posts
I had a cat once named Marty who loved to jump in the shower. It was fine when it was just us but when you have out of town guests who don't know about the 14 pound cat that can jump up and open the bathroom door and will then run and jump in the shower with them it ends with lots of screaming. LOL!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in this. Every morning when I shower Homer tries his best to crawl in there with me! Then he won't stop licking my legs and feet when I get out. Thought I had a perverted/twisted pup! Glad to hear it's somewhat common.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts