Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! He looks purebred to me, although the white on his head and feet is not common in a well-bred Golden. He does look pretty young to be in a new home (if he's older than 8 weeks in these photos then I may rethink my assessment of him being purebred). You might want to post more pictures in a few weeks, but in the end the only way to know for sure would be to run a DNA test. Either way, he's a very cute puppy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Forum! He looks purebred to me, although the white on his head and feet is not common in a well-bred Golden. He does look pretty young to be in a new home (if he's older than 8 weeks in these photos then I may rethink my assessment of him being purebred). You might want to post more pictures in a few weeks, but in the end the only way to know for sure would be to run a DNA test. Either way, he's a very cute puppy!
hello ty for answer firslty sorry for my english I am still learning he is 7 weeks or 51 days ^^ also I will share two weeks later antoher photoes on this post ^^

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
OK, at 7 weeks then I have no reason to believe he's not purebred based on your photos (and your English is quite understandable!). I look forward to seeing more pictures in a few weeks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks purebred to me too. I had a golden once who had the exact same tiny patch of white hair on her head as yours does. Even if a dog isn't "pure", are they any less wonderful? I say no, but I like them all so...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, at 7 weeks then I have no reason to believe he's not purebred based on your photos (and your English is quite understandable!). I look forward to seeing more pictures in a few weeks!
Hey Pawsnpaca how are you I came back 3 weeks later ^^ here we go new photoes ^^ Is he looks like blunt nose ? xD
1fbe7390-1011-41f1-93a0-3a65ee6b2c7a.jpg
06b7e0b8-d109-4337-9157-82cdde25f954.jpg
68ea49cb-89a9-41d4-ba53-8ead4a9cac90.jpg
1651d4c8-0296-4a80-9097-40e0de969dd3.jpg
e615c19d-1742-444b-9a7f-c405a6e2842d.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
Welcome back! Thanks for the updated photos. So he's what? About 10 weeks old now? How much does he weigh? His body still looks Golden to me but there is something about his head and his ear set that hints at maybe something a little smaller (Cocker maybe)? He could still be all Golden (just not well-bred)... My boy "Dover" had similar ears and a smaller head and was definitely purebred (but from a back yard breeder). There is still no way to know without a DNA test, but feel free to keep coming back and posting updated photos and we can take another look. If you can provide weight, and height at shoulders, and/or a picture next to something we can use for size reference it will be easier to judge if he looks normal size-wise.

He's still awfully cute!

·
Registered
191 Posts
This puppy looks like a Golden Retriever to me. I would not worry about minor variations as random changes occur naturally and there are variations in the lines in each country: there are even apparently differences in US and UK Golden Retrievers.

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
I think he could be a purebred Golden but he is not well-bred. And I too think there is something else likely to be in there, smaller, the ear isn't right for sure and the eyes are way too round.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome back! Thanks for the updated photos. So he's what? About 10 weeks old now? How much does he weigh? His body still looks Golden to me but there is something about his head and his ear set that hints at maybe something a little smaller (Cocker maybe)? He could still be all Golden (just not well-bred)... My boy "Dover" had similar ears and a smaller head and was definitely purebred (but from a back yard breeder). There is still no way to know without a DNA test, but feel free to keep coming back and posting updated photos and we can take another look. If you can provide weight, and height at shoulders, and/or a picture next to something we can use for size reference it will be easier to judge if he looks normal size-wise.

He's still awfully cute!
Yeap he is 10 weeks + 2 days he weigh 2kg 800gram he height from nose to tail 51cm-53cm

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think he could be a purebred Golden but he is not well-bred. And I too think there is something else likely to be in there, smaller, the ear isn't right for sure and the eyes are way too round.
hmm so I have to give more food then what should I do ?

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
So I used an online calculator to convert kg to lbs (the US has never gone metric!) and came up with 5-6 lbs, which would be REALLY small for a 10 week old Golden puppy (average for a Golden of this age would be about 15 lbs, or 6-7 kg). The height measurement we need is from the floor, up his front leg, to the top of his back above the shoulders. If my calculations are correct, I think there is a much higher chance based on that information that your dog is not a purebred and has a smaller breed in his background.

For what I can tell, he looks to be at a healthy weight. You should only feed more if you begin to be able to easily see his ribs. A lean puppy will be healthier and grow at a steadier rate, so you don't want to over feed, and definitely you don't want to push him to grow faster by feeding him more!

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
He cannot be a 10 week old GR puppy unless he has been severely malnourished his whole life.
My 4 week old puppies weigh more than that. Because he doesn't look malnourished, I would assume he is mixed w a smaller breed, like a Cocker (though the ears aren't right for Cocker either)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He cannot be a 10 week old GR puppy unless he has been severely malnourished his whole life.
My 4 week old puppies weigh more than that. Because he doesn't look malnourished, I would assume he is mixed w a smaller breed, like a Cocker (though the ears aren't right for Cocker either)
So I used an online calculator to convert kg to lbs (the US has never gone metric!) and came up with 5-6 lbs, which would be REALLY small for a 10 week old Golden puppy (average for a Golden of this age would be about 15 lbs, or 6-7 kg). The height measurement we need is from the floor, up his front leg, to the top of his back above the shoulders. If my calculations are correct, I think there is a much higher chance based on that information that your dog is not a purebred and has a smaller breed in his background.

For what I can tell, he looks to be at a healthy weight. You should only feed more if you begin to be able to easily see his ribs. A lean puppy will be healthier and grow at a steadier rate, so you don't want to over feed, and definitely you don't want to push him to grow faster by feeding him more!
I got mother and father photos so what is my puppy realy I Dont know First one Dad seconds mother

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts