Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In GoldenSails thread about her craft, I thought I would share mine, though mine doesn't go in the hunt and field section..

I thought these would be easy to tote around in the SUV without taking up a lot of room. I'll make another with PVC siding as my high jump.

Reactions: Stretchdrive

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Nice!! That is really clever :)

Reactions: DNL2448

·
Kate
21,672 Posts
Oh my - that's much prettier and tidier than my jump set!!!!!

Did you cut the joints for the cross bar, or did they do those at the hardware store?

I'm probably going to adjust my jump the same way, because taking it apart and putting it together again takes longer than I like. >.< And because Jacks knows what they are, I get to have a going-to-train-and-get-food hyped up dog barking and spitting at me the entire time I connect everything.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cut the joints and they work perfect! Before I took the flat picture, I should have turned the joint sideways so it folded flatter.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
They are real easy to make! If you can make a lanyard, you can make a folding jump. Let me know if you want, I'll send you some instructions (first I have to write them out). PM me if you would like the plans.

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
That is spectacular!!! I love it!!! I have never seen home made folding jumps before, what an awesome idea!!!

WOOT WOOT!!

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
These are great! I would love to make some of these.

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
I would love directions on how to make them...although this month I always have a hard time with spending so it will have to be a project for next year.

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Great job!! It is fun to do creative dog stuff!!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Nice! I would love the instructions if you are giving them out.
My obedience instructor keeps saying "You'll need a set of jumps at some point."

·
Kate
21,672 Posts
I would love directions on how to make them...although this month I always have a hard time with spending so it will have to be a project for next year.
Going by what I see, it shouldn't be that much money...

The jump I made + vinyl siding cut for panels cost me less than $20. A lot less.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Going by what I see, it shouldn't be that much money...

The jump I made + vinyl siding cut for panels cost me less than $20. A lot less.
I'll use the vinyl siding for the high jump attaching it with velcro. The jump pictured cost right at $25. ($25.75 to be exact) I used 2 10' 1" PVC and 5 T connectors and 6 end caps.

Keep in mind, I live in a very small town, and the hardware store may be a lot more expensive than the big box stores in larger cities.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
very cool! You need to make a whole pile of them and set up an agility course :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts