Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Lead Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
I know several show dogs with wavy coats. It’s not a fault at all! Eevee’s top coat is naturally a little wavy, it just looks straight because she gets a bath and blow out every week. If I let her air dry or she misses a couple baths, the waves come back. I don’t blow them out on purpose. It just kinda comes with the territory of frequent blow outs.

·
Lead Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
Nope definitely the same dog :D- I was just trying to show how his back looks. He has a giant head right now (pict attached pre- grooming) my vet and trainer both say he is definitely still growing- and he certainly has a great deal of filling out to do. he is our first intact male- so my understanding is that everything happens a little more slowly? As noted- my poor groomer- oh, she definitely DID use a leave-in conditioner- she’s pretty savvy and her lovely boys have the titles to prove it. I’m afraid Stig just definitely isn’t a conformation dog and that’s okay. Thank you very much for your suggestions! View attachment 893466
If you want him to look like a show dog, then he needs weekly to biweekly baths with a high quality shampoo and conditioner and he needs to be on a good diet (high in fish oils). If you had him groomed weekly by a show groomer for 6 weeks, he would look like a different dog. It’s not fair to judge him against dogs that are groomed and conditioned (exercised) strictly for months on end when he’s just a baby.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts