Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Kate
23,759 Posts
Looking at the first pic (close up of topline). That ripple along his topline may go away in the next 2 years (by age 2.5 they get their serious big boy coat). Or it may not. It looks fine either way. Have seen plenty of young dogs win with similar ripples. I'd want to add a little leave in conditioner to help add moisture back to the coat. As well, you might want to add a protein rinse type thing for baths between grooms, or ask the groomer to do that to help repair coat and help it grow.

If you are planning to show, I would suggest absolutely doing the protein rinse + not cutting feet so short.

Pardon me for the weird comment - but I was looking at the pictures and puzzling over the 2nd pic (the one where he's looking out the window) and the 3rd pic (standing on the table). They look like different dogs?

·
Kate
23,759 Posts
It may have been the lighting perhaps tricking my eyes....

in the picture below -

What I was looking at (arrows) - I see as dry or damaged coat. This is why I'd suggest working with the groomer (if you trust her) to heal up that coat and really make it shine in about 2-5 months.

For showing your dog, ripples or waves are not a huge issue. But you want a healthy coat.

Working animal Carnivore Dog breed Wood Fawn

·
Kate
23,759 Posts
Gotta share with a smile here - if you check Westminster out, they are out showing in the rain right now. Anyone who thinks the dogs would melt if you get them wet, should take a look. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts