Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I always wanted a Golden since I was a child and i'm finally at a point in my life where I can support one so I picked him up yesterday from a breeder. He's 8 weeks and 2 days old. Already think he's sensing in on my actions because I had a bad cold past couple days. And every time I did an earth rattling sneeze he would touch his paw on my arm and look at me. so cute. Also didn't cry at all the first night in his crate. Anyways since I live in Florida is 8 weeks to early to put him on Advantix/Frontline? Is Sentry just as good since I get a discount? Heres a couple pics of my china man (squinty eyes)

·
AKA: Joyce
7,442 Posts
Hi welcome to GRF! He's adorable, what's his name? I can't help with your question but somebody will come along and answer. Bentley came home in Aug but I don't remember using it on him then.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
He is positively one handsome dude! There might be some information on the drug maker's website about dosage by age and weight. Personally, I'd wait until he has his first vet exam/shots and get professional advice.

I hope that you are feeling better - it's no fun to feel sick while you are trying to get the energy up to work with a brand-new puppy.

·
Registered
994 Posts
You will want to discuss flea, tick, and heartworm prevention with your vet. They will be able to prescribe something for the appropriate age and weight as your puppy grows.

I started Cassie on Trifexis, since administering a pill is a million times easier than the goop. Especially with a puppy that won't sit still. I can't remember what age though.

Most dogs do just fine with Trifexis but Cassie had some diarrhea issues, so we ended up switching to the goop. Advantage Multi.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Adorable! That last pic brings back some memories.

As to flea control, my vet has me do Frontline in Chicago and Frontline AND Confortis when we're n Florida. Not sure if that is typical.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts