Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Daisey is a pretty girl. Im glad to you can foster her carol and show her what real love and a family is.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
She looks soooooo healthy and adorable after her bath!! I bet she loves having a home.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think its wonderful that shes in a loving home. How do you keep from getting so attached to a fostered dog that you are able to give them up? I dont know if I would be strong enough.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I think its wonderful that shes in a loving home. How do you keep from getting so attached to a fostered dog that you are able to give them up? I dont know if I would be strong enough.
I dont know yet, this is my first foster. Ask me again in a couple of weeks. LOL Going to try and stay strong because if I can help her get over some of her issues and health problems then she can have her furever home. I know everyone that mets her will fall in love with her.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Daisy is a lucky girl now, love the last pic.

·
Mom to Fyodor & Gibson
1,303 Posts
Poor dog! Thank you for fostering her! She'll have so much fun with Beau, Bama, Shelby and you until she finds her very own loving family. I hope she'll be able to forgive and learn to love children again.

·
Honey & Isabel
306 Posts
Awwww she's lovely - what a shame - she looks so happy too despite all that has happened. She's lucky to have found you!!!!! Honey & I send love & kisses from the UK :smooch:

·
she'll always be the one
2,452 Posts
Daisy is a doll! Love that you got her a daisy collar. She really is pretty.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
she is so very cute, something i noticed about foster dogs, they seem to be so forgiving. you a a great person and i have no doubts that you will work wonders before she goes to her furever home.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
It has some ups and downs. She is very skittish with dogs or people coming up behind her and is alittle growly but doesnt try to do anything. In fact is submissive wtih the growlys sounds. Puts her head and tail down like she is afraid. But if you talk to her she perks right back up.
The sweetest thing is she is learning to play ball. Picked it up right away watching Bama but she is like a puppy when trying to catch it. Holds her mouth open the whole time when running after the ball and trying to grab it. But once she gets it she starts running around so proud of herself and happy as can be. And then plays keep away by starting to put the ball in your hand and then backing away with the ball. She looks so happy the whole time and makes my heart so happy.
The crate we only use to let her nap but not close the door and to feed her in there so she is safe. We are working on her walking skills because she likes to pull but I dont think she has been on to many walks. She hasnt been licking on her lick sores so I think her stress levels have dropped off and hopefully they will start healing up.
But overall I think she is a sweetie and going to be ok.

·
Shameless and Proud
2,305 Posts
Aww the poor baby thank god she has found rescue.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts