Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sitting here crying so mad and upset I could scream. I was supposed to pick up my foster Duncan today but he is in critical condition and needs everyone prayers.

He was pulled from our local animal control yesterday. When he was picked up he was so sad and depressed (we thought). They had neutered him and we were told he had been hit by a car and kept at a e vet waiting for his owners to show up but they never did. Well when he was taken to our vet they raised hell. He never should have been neutered as he is severly anemic and when they turned him over his neuter stitches were black and blue. He was limping from his accident. They worry his leg might be more damaged than they were told and may have to be amputated. But that will have to wait because of his anemia. So I made a diet with the vet to feed him foods with iron to bring his anemia up and made plans to pick him up this morning.

Then I called this morning and they said they still had to take his xrays of his leg because he isnt putting any weight on it and they were concerned. So they would call me back. Then the **** hit the fan. The rescue president called me so upset. She said he is bleeding internally. They dont know where it is coming from. If it is from the accident and is a slow bleed or from the neuter but he is going to be staying in the vet for awhile.

I am just so mad. He shouldnt have been left to suffer for so long with his leg at least put a splint on it and the shelter never should have neutered him. They have released dogs to us before not neutered if their health didnt allow them to be neutered. I just dont understand their thinking. They do such good things sometimes and then such stupid things.

Please say a prayer for him.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,645 Posts
I'm so sorry and saddened to hear this news about Duncan.

Sending my thoughts and prayers for this little guy.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
I am so sorry and sad for you both. We will keep him in our prayers.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
So sad and you have a right to be upset. He must have been in such pain...
Let us know how it goes & my prayers are with him.

·
AAARF!
2,216 Posts
That is just awful. I am sad for you and Duncan, and am sending prayers his way.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear of this horrible story with your poor Duncan. :(

Are you able to get him some Yunnan Baiyo capsules to help with the bleed? They definitely help. I have tried them with my own dog during a tumour bleed.

Otherwise I am guessing if the bleed is indeed from injury/surgery, a blood transfusion will help with the anemia (assuming there isn't anything more serious going on in his bone marrow). An anemic dog will not eat (this causes complete loss of appetite)... Not to mention he was probably in pain with his leg too. :(

I can't believe vets can be this inept and careless. Wait, I take that back. I can believe it, I'm just sorry it happened to this sweet boy.

Please post updates.

Sending prayers for you and Duncan...

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
Carol, I'm so sorry to hear about Duncan. He has my prayers and good thoughts....

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Im so sorry to hear the bad news about Duncan, I will keep him in my prayers, the poor boy, hope he doesnt have to suffer any more......

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
I will keep your Duncan in my prayers. We all know what the the power of prayers can do!
I pray he will get his strength back and be in your home soon.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
It seems like they missed the important signs of his internal bleeding, rather than that they're bad people. Poor little guy. I hope he pulls through this with flying colors and is in your arms soon.

·
where the tails wag
13,381 Posts
Duncan will be kept in my thoughts and prayers

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
****, I hated reading this. I'm so sorry and I will be pulling for Duncan. Please keep us posted.

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Carol Im so sorry, I will be saying tons of prayers for him....

1 - 20 of 63 Posts