Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Sending positive vibes and hoping for the best news possible! We all feel your pain . . .

Thank you!!! It was a false alarm. All’s well. Misread xrays by a vet caused the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I am so very happy for you, I wish for you both many more happy years! So sorry about the unneeded stress!

Thank you!!! I haven’t prayed so much in such a compressed period of time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just read your post and have tears on my eyes! Reading the first ten or so, had to scroll to get the news that it was a false alarm! My previous golden at age 8 had a ruptured spleen due to cancer, I know that feeling and had to read to get the end results. So happy for you and your MaxyMax! My Cooper is almost 4 - he’s midway to where my first boy was when we lost him. It’s hard not to think about what will happen and when. It’s never enough time with these loyal, loving fur-ball angels! God Bless!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I just read your post and have tears on my eyes! Reading the first ten or so, had to scroll to get the news that it was a false alarm! My previous golden at age 8 had a ruptured spleen due to cancer, I know that feeling and had to read to get the end results. So happy for you and your MaxyMax! My Cooper is almost 4 - he’s midway to where my first boy was when we lost him. It’s hard not to think about what will happen and when. It’s never enough time with these loyal, loving fur-ball angels! God Bless!

Thank you. It’s never enough time.

To go in for shot spot and to walk out with a supposedly dying dog was just too much. I haven’t done like I did when I got home. Not ever. Ever. And kept the crying going for three days. Honestly I could wring that woman’s neck.

But the one good thing is that I found Leesburg. What a great place.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Glad to hear that Max is okay. What a relief!

·
Registered
450 Posts
What wonderful news! So glad your Maxy Max is ok!

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
YOU GUYS, HE. IS. CLEAR!!!!!

The vet I took him for his hotspot (not his usual vet at Greenbriar, I went to this other vet because they could get me in right away) MISTOOK THE TOP OF THE STOMACH FOR THE SPLEEN!!!!!!

She also mistook the shadow in the thoraxic cavity for FLUID!!!!!

The vet at Leesburg walked in and took a look at him and said “Look at your beautiful blocky face!!! Let’s take a look at what’s ACTUALLY going on in that spleen of yours!”

She came back fifteen minutes later and said there’s no tumor. I asked what the other vet saw and she said it was the top of the stomach, which makes a ball.

OMG WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!

She said he *may* one day develop cancer, he’s a golden. But it’s not today.

Then she said “You need a hug” because I was BAWLING. AGAIN.

THANK YOU GUYS for talking to me.

For the first five pages of this post my heart was at my feet, but then to read this - OMG - my eyes are well and truly leaking.

Give your boy a massive hug and belly rubs from me, treasure your time even more (if that is possible:smile2:)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
YOU GUYS, HE. IS. CLEAR!!!!!

The vet I took him for his hotspot (not his usual vet at Greenbriar, I went to this other vet because they could get me in right away) MISTOOK THE TOP OF THE STOMACH FOR THE SPLEEN!!!!!!

She also mistook the shadow in the thoraxic cavity for FLUID!!!!!

The vet at Leesburg walked in and took a look at him and said “Look at your beautiful blocky face!!! Let’s take a look at what’s ACTUALLY going on in that spleen of yours!”

She came back fifteen minutes later and said there’s no tumor. I asked what the other vet saw and she said it was the top of the stomach, which makes a ball.

OMG WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!

She said he *may* one day develop cancer, he’s a golden. But it’s not today.

Then she said “You need a hug” because I was BAWLING. AGAIN.

THANK YOU GUYS for talking to me.

For the first five pages of this post my heart was at my feet, but then to read this - OMG - my eyes are well and truly leaking.

Give your boy a massive hug and belly rubs from me, treasure your time even more (if that is possible:smile2:)

Thank you so much.

This is terrible quality but here he is, same MaxyMax as always, playing biteyface with Emma.

This is why I just couldn’t reconcile what the vet said with how he’s been behaving. Perfectly healthy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
enlarged spleen

I'm so sorry to hear that you have this problem. I lost my first Golden to hemangiosarcoma of the spleen. I really hope the enlarged spleen your beloved dog has is benign. I did have my dog's spleen removed, but if you're going to do it, have it done before it ruptures. There are other treatable illnesses that can be associated with an enlarged spleen. I know how you feel, it's never enough time. Wishing you all the best!

81 - 97 of 97 Posts