21,195 Posts
Happy happy dance!!

Reactions: Lilliam

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Happy happy dance!!

Thank you!!!! He celebrated with nuggets and I celebrated with my first meal in three days (I was So hungry all of a sudden) and slept without waking up once.

I just know he’s going to get spoiled even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
17,879 Posts
This is just the most wonderful news, I'm so relieved and happy for you both. Keep the treats and celebrations going you both deserve them, please pass a hug on to your lovely Max!.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
This is just the most wonderful news, I'm so relieved and happy for you both. Keep the treats and celebrations you both deserve them, please pass a hug on to your lovely Max!.

Thank you!!!
I got this from the hospital at Leesburg.
By the way, Shenandoah is NOT his primary care provider, that’s Greenbriar. I went to Shenandoah only because I could get a quick appointment for his hotspot.
Will NEVER set foot in Shenandoah again. Not even for my kitten’s spay.

·
where the tails wag
13,374 Posts
YAY!! So very happy for this great report :) :) :)

Now, breath and enjoy every precious moment with that handsome boy!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
YAY!! So very happy for this great report :) :) :)

Now, breath and enjoy every precious moment with that handsome boy!

Thank you. He’s sleeping off his great adventure and I slept after eating a ginormous bowl of pasta. Carb induced sleep coma.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Actually, from what I’ve read, hemangiosarcoma isn’t as much dangerous as it is lethal. Because it’s a cancer of the lining of the vessels it will come back.

I haven’t read of a single instance where removal of the spleen has been a cure. Whatever happens, hemangiosarcoma wins. It’s simply a matter of time. I read April’s thread and sadly there was no cure.

If there is a single article that describes a cure, I haven’t found it.

There is unfortunately no definite cure . YET. However, advancement has been made increasing the 6months - 12 months survival rate by almost double. I am sure that with each day , they are going to increase the survival rate. EBAT research is being very much taken into consideration not because of dogs but due to hemangiosarcoma aka angiosarcoma in humans. I would suggest everyone facing hs with their dogs to contact [email protected] for further information on EBAT research at the UMN if ofcourse the dog's blood panel, the clotting rate, the spleen/liver condition permit the treatment. Not each candidate is suitable for EBAT. Timing is important.

HOWEVER, let's believe and pray for now that Max Boy will not need any of these solutions because all will work out fine with his spleen0:)

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
The Shine On program ( I signed up a couple of dogs about 4 years ago) finally called me yesterday and asked if by chance Molly Bloom and Edward were still living (they are) and could they now participate. So we're going for bloodwork, it entails two collections 60 days apart and they will be identified as either carrying or not the gene they think they have isolated. If so, they would be able to do the EBAT treatment at UM (it is not available elsewhere) which I hope does not get offered to us.. but even if it did, the gene itself would be a great heads up.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Thank you!!!
I got this from the hospital at Leesburg.
By the way, Shenandoah is NOT his primary care provider, that’s Greenbriar. I went to Shenandoah only because I could get a quick appointment for his hotspot.
Will NEVER set foot in Shenandoah again. Not even for my kitten’s spay.
If it were me, I would probably call the Shenandoah vet and nicely let them know how the lack of skills caused a weekend of agony. People only learn from their mistakes (or not) if they know they made a mistake.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
There is unfortunately no definite cure . YET. However, advancement has been made increasing the 6months - 12 months survival rate by almost double. I am sure that with each day , they are going to increase the survival rate. EBAT research is being very much taken into consideration not because of dogs but due to hemangiosarcoma aka angiosarcoma in humans. I would suggest everyone facing hs with their dogs to contact [email protected] for further information on EBAT research at the UMN if ofcourse the dog's blood panel, the clotting rate, the spleen/liver condition permit the treatment. Not each candidate is suitable for EBAT. Timing is important.

HOWEVER, let's believe and pray for now that Max Boy will not need any of these solutions because all will work out fine with his spleen0:)

As it turns out, it was all a false alarm, thank you!!!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
If it were me, I would probably call the Shenandoah vet and nicely let them know how the lack of skills caused a weekend of agony. People only learn from their mistakes (or not) if they know they made a mistake.

I might need some time to get my Basque blood under control. I’m afraid I can’t manage any politeness right now.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts