Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve read enough of these posts to know what this could mean.

He’s nine and a half. I’m not ready for this.

I took him in for a hotspot and the vet surprised me with this.

I’m off to Leesburg, VA on Monday to the hospital there.

I keep trying to think of other reasons for an enlarged spleen. But I have the horrible feeling that I’m going to be close to losing my boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Oh I hope it's not the dreaded thing. Best wishes for your boy.

Reactions: Lilliam

·
Kristy
9,688 Posts
I'm so sorry for your worry, I remember when he was a puppy..... I am going to cross my fingers that maybe you would just be looking at removing his spleen. There are plenty of people who have done this and bought time. I'll be thinking of you this weekend, please keep us posted. I understand the sentiment "I'm not ready..."

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm so sorry for your worry, I remember when he was a puppy..... I am going to cross my fingers that maybe you would just be looking at removing his spleen. There are plenty of people who have done this and bought time. I'll be thinking of you this weekend, please keep us posted. I understand the sentiment "I'm not ready..."

Thank you. I just yesterday that my boy came home. It hasn’t been enough time. I need more. I’m really not ready. I thought I’d have maybe two of three more years. I can’t do this. I can’t lose him yet. Not yet.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Sending good thoughts and prayers for you and Max this weekend.

Reactions: Lilliam

·
Registered
21,195 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I truly hope it is not what you are thinking about.
Not a spleen but very likely case of lymphoma we went through recently. This year in May, we went to the vet to remove a lump that turned out to be benign. During the procedure, the vet (very experienced and well respected) noted significantly increased lymph nodes. He warned me Gatsby at prime age of 7 for lymphoma with lymph nodes largely increased it is very likely lymphoma. I didn’t sleep for 4 days, couldn’t work, Gatsby is my entire world. It turned out to be increased salivary glands. The salivary glands are in similar location as lymph nodes but just slightly higher than lymph nodes. We still don’t know why his salivary glands are increased, but otherwise he seems to be fine.

All the best for Max. I know it is hard not to think about the worst, but vets do make mistakes as we all do.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I truly hope it is not what you are thinking about.

Not a spleen but very likely case of lymphoma we went through recently. This year in May, we went to the vet to remove a lump that turned out to be benign. During the procedure, the vet (very experienced and well respected) noted significantly increased lymph nodes. He warned me Gatsby at prime age of 7 for lymphoma with lymph nodes largely increased it is very likely lymphoma. I didn’t sleep for 4 days, couldn’t work, Gatsby is my entire world. It turned out to be increased salivary glands. The salivary glands are in similar location as lymph nodes but just slightly higher than lymph nodes. We still don’t know why his salivary glands are increased, but otherwise he seems to be fine.

All the best for Max. I know it is hard not to think about the worst, but vets do make mistakes as we all do.

I hope this is some other reason. Any other reason.

·
Registered
17,870 Posts
Sending lots of positive thoughts to your dear Max and keeping him in my prayers.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts