Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 565 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lovely song today is ......

I love the music, his voice, the words..I have had a tough week or 2 and sometimes he just soothes me and makes me feel more peqceful ...whats your lovely song for today? I have a special one already for tomorrow! :D

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
With this ugly heat and humidity lately I choose "I can't wait" to take my little girl camping into the wilds of North Country this autumn for a few weeks :)

Bring on the foliage and crisp cool air with Fiona by my side. :yes:

Baby, I-I-I can't wait

My love, tell me what it's all about
You've got somethin' that I can't live without
Happiness so hard to find
Hey baby tell me what is on your mind

'Cause I can't wait
Baby 'til you call me on the telephone
I can't wait
Baby 'til we're all alone
I can't wait

You know I love you even when you don't try
I know that our love can never die
Hey darlin' when you look into my eyes
Please tell me you'll never have to say goodbye

'Cause I can't wait
This is what I've been waitin' for
I can't wait
Baby, 'til my love walks in the door
I can't wait
Baby, true love is so hard to find
I found yours you found mine
I can't wait
Tell me what is on your mind

I can't wait

No, I can't wait
Tell you one more time
Baby tell me what is on your mine
'Cause I can't wait
This is what I've been waiting for
I can't wait
Baby, 'til my love walks in the door

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow thanks.
Well, as promised, I have a special song for today. Here in the UK it is 'Carers Week', a special week in recognition of all the work Carers do caring for people who need help. Some of you know I founded and run an organisation for people living with dementia and cognitive issues and their families and today we held a special tea party to spoil Carers as a thank you for all they do and go through, for them and the person they care for, usually their husband, wife, Mum, Dad. It was really lovely and we were lucky to have a special solo singer and pianist to play for us and dedicate two songs to the Carers as a treat. This is the first one I chose as they are all absolute Angels in my eyes. She sang it for us like an angel too, there were many damp eyes afterwards as she was so stunning. Here is Sarah Mclachlan singing it...

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You were there, wow. I almost posted the "I will remember you" from the the same show.
Oh gosh no I wasnt at Sarahs show no, I was at our Carers party where we had a soloist who sang it absolutely beautifully dedicated to all the Carers present :)

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Wonderful songs! I wish I had time to listen to more music, but life keeps me on the 24 hour new channels. Just miss a bit of song in my day and will change this.

Thank you for the wonderful music to start my day..

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Deber I know what you mean, with the year I have had it took me away from music too. My lovely O H bought me an ipod and loaded it with music for the hospital and my recovery but I coukdnt concentrate or even fiddle around operating it and only recently have started listening to occassional songs again. Yesterdays party songs really touched me and music is so healing to the soul and mind and can change your moood so instantly. I have a cd called Happy Songs and its an instant mood lifter, it shoukd be on prescription for everyone! :)
Glad you enjoyed the music..when you have chance..tell us your favourite song or choice for today :wave:

Wonderful songs! I wish I had time to listen to more music, but life keeps me on the 24 hour new channels. Just miss a bit of song in my day and will change this.

Thank you for the wonderful music to start my day..

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My song for today is...

I am off to Floridaaaaaaaa this week and sooooo excited and yesterday I learned a very dear friend and her husband will drive down to Sarasota from Alabama to see us whilst we are there!!! :D I cant tell you how amazing that is for me, shes really special to me and it will be incredible to see her. This song really helps put me in the holiday mode :) although I dont need much help...but all the news of the storms is a bit worrying ....:uhoh:
Have a great day everyone :wave:

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,739 Posts
I hope you enjoy your holiday, how exciting you will be seeing your friend.

If the storm becomes a Tropical Depression or a Tropical Storm, it won't be that bad, you will have lots of rain and some wind. Nothing like what you'd have if it were a Hurricane.

Enjoyed everyone's songs of the day. Love love love Sarah Mclaclan's Angel.

I've gotten away from music a bit too lately and I really love music. Going to have to change that right now.

Here's my song for the day-Sailing by Christopher Cross

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol, lots of rain and and some wind, sounds like home from home :( and to think we were coming away for some sunshine! :uhoh: Please please let it mean that all this bizarre early stormy weather is a case of it being early and over for a while so we get to be lucky! :crossfing
Lovely song choice and such pretty music, thank you, really enjoyed it :D

I hope you enjoy your holiday, how exciting you will be seeing your friend.

If the storm becomes a Tropical Depression or a Tropical Storm, it won't be that bad, you will have lots of rain and some wind. Nothing like what you'd have if it were a Hurricane.

Enjoyed everyone's songs of the day. Love love love Sarah Mclaclan's Angel.
I've gotten away from music a bit too lately and I really love music. Going to have to change that right now.

Here's my song for the day-Sailing by Christopher Cross

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Wow thanks.
Well, as promised, I have a special song for today. Here in the UK it is 'Carers Week', a special week in recognition of all the work Carers do caring for people who need help. Some of you know I founded and run an organisation for people living with dementia and cognitive issues and their families and today we held a special tea party to spoil Carers as a thank you for all they do and go through, for them and the person they care for, usually their husband, wife, Mum, Dad. It was really lovely and we were lucky to have a special solo singer and pianist to play for us and dedicate two songs to the Carers as a treat. This is the first one I chose as they are all absolute Angels in my eyes. She sang it for us like an angel too, there were many damp eyes afterwards as she was so stunning. Here is Sarah Mclachlan singing it...

Sarah McLachlan - Angel [Official Music Video] - YouTube
That song Always touches my heart....brings back happy, yet sad memories of a dear friend that I lost way too young.

I think it's amazing what you do for dementia patients. My grandmother had this and we just lost her a few months ago. So thank you, from someone whose heart you touched without even knowing. :)

·
gone
1,443 Posts
"Things I wish I'd said" by Rodney Crowell"

The video is our special friend who passed away Nov 25/05. Ron was a highschool principal and tech teacher who was loved by everyone. He was a pure spirit so full of love. I'm so grateful to have known him.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"Things I wish I'd said" by Rodney Crowell"

The video is our special friend who passed away Nov 25/05. Ron was a highschool principal and tech teacher who was loved by everyone. He was a pure spirit so full of love. I'm so grateful to have known him.
Oh Deb, I am full of goosebumps all over, thats just so beautiful, you can practically tell just from the photos what a lovely type of spirited man he was and I am so sorry for the loss of all who knew him but so glad for you all that you did have all the pleasures and priviledges of knowing him.
Someone said recently perhaps we shouldnt measure our lives by how long we are here for but by how many peoples lives and hearts we especially touch and make a difference to whilst we are here. I thought that was beautiful and so true. Thank you for sharing the video, beautiful photos, tribute and song :heartbeat

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That song Always touches my heart....brings back happy, yet sad memories of a dear friend that I lost way too young.

I think it's amazing what you do for dementia patients. My grandmother had this and we just lost her a few months ago. So thank you, from someone whose heart you touched without even knowing. :)
The reason I do all I do in the dementia field is because I lost someone very close and dear to me way too young too due to a rare dementia related terminal illness. I will make my next song the song that is 'his' as all I do today is due to him and his belief in me which allowed me to believe in myself again and in turn, be who I am today and achieve all I have acheieved since he died. He also named my first Golden Retriever and was passionate about the breed like me. Gosh this has got me a tad teary now! But theyre good tears ;)
Part of the lyrics are 'My world is a better place because of you' but in fact because of the person he helped me to become and because of his illness and my determination to turn my grief and loss into something positive for all those left behind entering a similar path to the one he had to follow and to fill the gaps in services..the world of many has become a better place because of him and for that I know he will be very thankful and proud :)
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend, losing someone younger seems a double blow somehow, I have lost several and its hard to understand. I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandmother too and the road she had to travel beforehand, Dementia is a rough ride and I wish I could help everyone travelling it. I just know I am very lucky to do what I love and love what I do. Its just frustrating that I am unwell and not able to do more right now. No thanks needed, the privelidge is all mine, but thank you, thats really kind.

Please enjoy the song, its very special

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Elly, I know they call Florida the Sunshine State but...... I don't think it's true!! Come to hot and very sunny Texas, where the sun is shining and won't be hampered by rain clouds until next September I'm afraid...I hope the weather cooperates for your visit!

Sandy and Steve, I'm going to be singing Sailing and Crimson and Clover (the original version, not Joan Jett's version) for the rest of the day...two of my favorite songs!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Elly, I know they call Florida the Sunshine State but...... I don't think it's true!! Come to hot and very sunny Texas, where the sun is shining and won't be hampered by rain clouds until next September I'm afraid...I hope the weather cooperates for your visit!

Sandy and Steve, I'm going to be singing Sailing and Crimson and Clover (the original version, not Joan Jett's version) for the rest of the day...two of my favorite songs!

:( Aww I live in hope, my pile of teeshirts and shorts will leave me chilly if not, I better pack some warmer bits too though I think waterproofs are maybe the 'essentials'! :doh: My friend has just returned from Texas as her and her hsband have just bought a little apartment or condo out there as he works out there so much and she stays with him a lot it made sense to do so. Shes just been there to sort out the interior designing and yes, its nice and hot I hear and she missed all the very heavy rain fall we had here!
Maybe we will make it to Texas one day, my eldest daughter is desperate to so I may tag along with her, haha :D

Great song GoldenCamper, not my norm so lovely listening to something different and really enjoyed it!
Lets have some more..anyone?! :confused::D

1 - 20 of 565 Posts