Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

881 - 900 of 900 Posts

·
Dog Lover
42,036 Posts

·
Karen
981 Posts
Fly free Bella with your babies. I'm certain there will be many lizards to chase at the bridge. Watch over your family down here and your buddy Tucker because they will be loving you and thinking of you always. Hugs to you Kathleen and to your daughter.

·
Registered
72 Posts
May your beautiful memories of Bella comfort you as you start on the journey of grieving.
Even if you have been mentally preparing for this day, it still hurts like heck to lose a furry family member.
Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

PS Hoping you see lots of lizards on those rocks!!!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I was so sad to read this. You made the right decision. How lovely to have such a kind thoughtful neighbour. I am sure the lizards will love the new rocks and it will be a peaceful place for you to sit and watch them and remember sweet Bella.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
So very very sorry for your loss of sweet Bella. I have no words that will help you other than to say that because you loved your girl so much you were able to let her go peacefully to the bridge, where I am sure she will be busy making new friends.

HOW DO WE SAY GOODBYE
TO THE ONES WE LOVE THE MOST

WHEN IN OUR HEART OF HEARTS, WE KNOW
WE NEED AND WANT THEM CLOSE

NOW CLOSE YOUR EYES REAL TIGHTLY
LET YOUR FEELINGS OVERFLOW

THEY NEVER REALLY LEFT YOU
YOUR MEMORIES NEVER GO

Run free and fast and sleep softly Bella

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Just reading this, I've followed Bella's story and rooted for her all along the way. I'm so very sorry for your loss. You and your daughter did the bravest thing to let her go. You gave her such a wonderful life. Take care.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss of sweet Bella. Wishing you and your daughter comfort at this difficult time. RIP sweet Bella.

·
Heart of Gold
184 Posts
My sincere condolences to you and your daughter. You navigated the cancer journey with hope and determination and gave Bella the best care possible. May your many wonderful memories bring you comfort.

·
Mom to Sonny and Seamus
895 Posts
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Sweet, sweet Bella. This thread will live on as a wonderful example of how to navigate the world of canine cancer with utmost respect and care.

RIP Bella

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am SO very sorry for your loss!
I have followed Bella's saga all along. I hate to call battles with cancer a journey because journeys just seem like so much fun ( although you surely made Bella's life seem fun!)Since the start of all her troubles, I gave up my search for a Golden and now have a lovely Lab named Otis. He will do :>)
I was the caretaker to my husband of 38 yrs who had suffered with his own 11 yr. battle with cancer and finally succumbed last January 2017, while Bella trudged along.
I sometimes compared myself to you as HIS caretaker and hoped I did as good a job! You sought out lizards and water and all the things Bella loved and you sacrificed so much just to make some of the loveliest memories I ever had the pleasure to witness being created.
Your posts sometimes provided me a sliver of light at the darkest time in my life, as Bella was still trotting along- you were still hopeful.
The story should be a blog, a novel, could be a movie, but unfortunately, it is life as all of those things are so glamorous in comparison. If it became any such tale it might be titled " Loving Bella" rather then Losing Bella.
She will be missed forever.
Thank you for sharing her story.
Sending hugs your way,
Laurie
rancitelli.blogspot.com

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have followed Bella's story too and I want you to know what a wonderful owner you were and you made Bella's life so wonderful and you made that decision to let her fly and be happy at the rainbow bridge. Hugs to you and your daughter.

881 - 900 of 900 Posts