Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
K9Mom

Karen, We got Dyson at Love A Golden in St.Louis , they thought about 9 , but the vets we went to thought about 7 or 8, which I think was about right. I wish I knew how old he was. I just feel so lost.

It wasn't my call but I know we should have let him go when he got go sick the first part of January. We really thought once the infection was under control he would get stronger, and would start eating , and drinking, but he just kept getting weaker.

I know once we lost Molly Oct 12, 2015, I never left Dyson alone, my whole life was all about him. I just feel so lost.

With Molly she went blind, and had a lot of back end problems and was needing help to get up and, in the end she bled out she ended up with the same cancer my Nugget did but hers was on her spleen. They had Hemangoscarmoa.
With Dyson all his sickness was in the inside , with his bad heart, and then the infection.
K9Mom: You did everything you could for Dyson and he KNEW you loved him. I've had two adopted females, that we never knew how old they were, so Ken and I gave them birthdays. We made Munchkin's and Smooch's Valentines Day!! Dyson knew you loved him and you gave him the best five years of his life. I know how lonely it is and we are here for you. Ken and I can never be alone, it's too painful for us, so we always adopt right away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What a flood of emotions when reading your story.
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
I feel sad and angry that he was so poorly treated at the hands of the previous owner. Why people can do this to a being that's so full of love, I will never be able to fathom.
I am uplifted and feel so proud of you for making the last 5 years of Dyson's life so happy and full of love. Thank you so much for doing that.

And thank you for sharing your story. These things are hard to write about and hard to read, but it's good to know about others who feel the same as we have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I can't say how awesome it is that you cared for him the way you did. I'm sure he's at the bridge romping around making new friends. Knowing that he actually has a human that loves him to wait for is all that a golden can ask for. You are in my prayers.

·
Zoinks!!! Ruh Roh Raggy!!
1,478 Posts
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

41 - 45 of 45 Posts