Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to put my poor girl Raz down today. She was almost 13 1/2 years old. 05/01/2000 - 10/09/2013 .We had 3 girls, her mom and a sister - we lost both last year. Raz was in liver failure and having seizures. We got her on some meds we all could live with. It gave me more time with her. She had been hiding and sleeping all day in the bedroom by my side of the bed for the last two months - not really socializing. Last night she literally lost her mind. She was wandering aimlessly walking into to things, panting, acting she does after a seizure except she didn't have one. I had to take her all by myself to the vet. I told my daughter this morning what I was going to do. She said her goodbyes. The Vet and tech were so sweet. She was having trouble walking this morning. The Vet thinks she had a stroke.

·
Luna and Lily's Dad
491 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss.

Reactions: coloradobacons

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,156 Posts
I'm so sorry. You'll see her again one day. Please feel free to share photos and stories about her.

·
AAARF!
2,216 Posts
I'm so sorry about Raz. She had a long life, but of course it's never long enough. I'm sorry about your other girls too. That's hard to lose them so close together. Please know I'm thinking about you and your family during this very tough time.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
As someone who lost both of our original dogs in a year I know how sad you are. I'm so sorry for your loss. It is never easy, even when we know it is the right thing to do.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. May your memoires of your girl bring you comfort during your stages of grief.

RIP sweet Raz.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Very sorry for the loss of Raz. It's particularly hard to lose the last of a beloved trio and so close together. I hope that memories of your life together will bring you comfort in the difficult days.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We are so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing one of these precious creatures is hard, especially when you lose three that close together. Our hearts, too, are broken for you. May you rest in Peace, sweet Raz, we know you'll be waiting at the Bridge.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I hope you take comfort in knowing that Raz is young and healthy running at Rainbow Bridge.

·
Golden Lover
440 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your sweet Raz. May you find comfort in the memories you shared with your Golden family.

·
Registered
18,014 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss, you are in my thoughts and prayers x

1 - 20 of 29 Posts