Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
twillobee
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this site because my Max died on 12/14/2013. I took him to the vet on 11/5/2013 for what I thought was a bad tooth since he didn't seem to want to chew his "cookies". That cancer word came up and within days he went from being happy and bouncy, to hanging on to death door. I hadn't even dealt with the cancer news (dr had to be wrong and just assumed it was because it's a golden - my boy is too outgoing) and he died. He was a fighter since he never let his health issues get him down before. Surely, they had to be wrong and all the meds would make him better. Cancer won and took my fuzzy man away :(

I have (had) three goldens. He is the 2nd golden I've lost to that dreaded cancer in 18 months. Yes, he was 11 and my Buttercup was 12 (Butter died 2/2012), but they were my family and should live longer. My 3rd golden is Max and Buttercup's daughter. Her name is Daisy and she is so lost and grieving. She has always been the follower and happy about it. Now she doesn't know what to do and sits under my desk all day. I'm trying to get us back to our old routine, yet she has no interest. She's always been the baby (even at 10) and doesn't know how to deal with being only the only one.

How do I help Daisy deal with the death of her family, when I'm having a hard time myself?

Attachments

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
So sorry for your losses. I have no suggestions just sympathy for you and your family.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
So sorry for your loss. Cannot offer any advice because we have always only had one dog at a time. As someone suggested, maybe look into adopting another pup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts