Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,533 Posts
best to get your dog to the vet for a skin scrape and examination. It could be thyroid issues or skin mites, it will be hard to tell and treat without a vet visit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Golden Retriever is starting to lose his hair. Has anyone faced a similar situation? What do you think might be the cause? My vet is not also here, I am starting to get worried.
Hsir loss could be from many things. Best to go to a vet from evalution. My 12.5 year old was losing his and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and then epitheliotropic lymphoma - both cause hair loss. Has yours be licking his paws alot or has he developed any lesions/ sores?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Might be because of food allergies, weather change, or even anxiety. Or maybe there’s something lacking in her diet. You might wanna check her diet so it’s better to take your dog to the vet asap. My dog (GSD) used to shed hair due to anxiety (that’s what her vet said), I took her to a nearby vet I found online on greatvet, that worked out pretty well for her. You might wanna give that a shot as first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.