Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my golden retriever kyro is 5 months and a half... his birthday is may 10 2008... kyro is smaller than other golden retriever pup at his age... he is approx 19 lbs... but his height is 19 approx 16"... is it normal??... i fed him a adult dog food...

·
Luke, Maggie, and Tucker
3,045 Posts
Tucker was around 40 pounds at six months of age, and he's a smaller Golden (about 60 pounds now at almost fourteen months). Maybe I'm way off base, but 19 pounds seems very small to me...?

·
Registered
10,477 Posts
I agree-19 pounds at over 5 months seems pretty small to me. How large were his parents? How about his siblings?

Is he just overall small, or is he very thin?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

this is kyro... this picture is taken last month i guess??... do you think kyro will gain weight??... thanks...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i saw his mom... his a normal sized golden... actually i bought him 3months ago... is there a chance that kyro can gain a height and weight... this is my first time to have a golden and a pure breed dog...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im new hear so im not quite familiar...
this is the first time to have a golden retriever so im scared that my golden retriever become small... :(

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
How much do you feed your puppy every day? Has he been checked by a vet for any health problems?

My golden girl Tia is small (about 45 pounds at age 7), but her growth was stunted because her former owner bred her at too young an age.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
The picture didn't come through. So long as he's been vet checked, I wouldn't worry too much. My Golden is 41 lbs. and 21.5" at the shoulders and he's five years old. At four months, he was right around 20 lbs.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
im new hear so im not quite familiar...
this is the first time to have a golden retriever so im scared that my golden retriever become small... :(
Hi and wlecome to the forum. I noticed you are from the Philippines. Do you mean 19 lbs or 19 kg? 19 kg is a little over 41 lbs which although on the small side would not be of any real concern at this stage.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
That's very small. My male golden retriever pup is only 11 weeks old and he is already over 20 pounds!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts