Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone's Golden do this? When Bailey (3 yo) heads out in the AM - she takes her tennis ball or any ball and heads out - then she drops it in the grass - and positions her back on it and rolls around on the ball!
It's like she is massaging her back!
I'm going to video her and post later to show what she does - it's cute and I think she keeps her spine in alignment??!!

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Archer does this! He does it with a lot of his toys though and sometimes they're not all the comfortable. He'll rub on a nice stick he finds in the yard and I just cringe. Big thick ones, like 4 feet long! I though he was just a weirdo.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is too cute! I love it - I like to think she's adjusting her back or massaging herself - all in the way of keeping her long spine comfy!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Archer does this! He does it with a lot of his toys though and sometimes they're not all the comfortable. He'll rub on a nice stick he finds in the yard and I just cringe. Big thick ones, like 4 feet long! I though he was just a weirdo.
Ouch! I would think that would hurt! I have a visual and all I can think of is OUCH!

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
My Maxi loved rolling on a tennis ball too. So cute!

·
Bentley's mom
2,138 Posts
That is the cutest thing I've heard. Can't wait to see video. Mine destroys tennis balls so we typically don't have them around. Bentley has found the heel of my husband's boot is a great back scratcher. When lying on the bed with his feet off the side Bentley will walk under them and rub back and forth across the heel of his boot. It's so silly to watch.

·
Registered
13,137 Posts
My last one used to do it on every single tennis ball she ever found. I think she was actually putting her scent on the ball and making it hers. :smile2:

My current dog rolls on her ball, too - and it's a Lacrosse ball, so I think it really is more about getting a good massage!

Reactions: Wendy427
1 - 12 of 12 Posts