Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Maria
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone! :wavey:

I'm a new member here and thought I'd introduce myself, Maria, and my puppy, Pluto. He's my first pup that I am raising on my own and I am so happy I found this forum... it's nice to see advice from experienced folks such as yourselves, and it's always nice to know that "I'm not the only one to have to go through this..." He is a Golden mix (half Cocker Spaniel) so I hope you'll still accept us :)

Pluto is 6 months old and he's a loving boy who always wants to play, play, play! I think he has already hit adolescence, however, so when we are on walks he does jump on me and bite on the leash when I won't let him go where he wants to go or greet who he wants to greet :bowl: When I'm not looking, he does try to see what he can get away with, such as snatch a napkin off the coffee table which he pays no mind when I'm sitting at the couch, chew on books when I leave the living room, etc. He's also beginning to ignore my cues or not do them all the way through while giving me those, "Really, mom?" eyes. It's quite hilarious, actually, and I'm really enjoying how goofy he has been (I'm obviously trying to see the bright side of things ;)). I've been told that for his mix 7 months old will probably be the worst month, so I'm bracing myself and saving up for more daycare trips!

He's going through a fear period (at least I hope that's what it is) and he's afraid of anything that rolls; bicycles, people taking out their trash cans, skateboards, you name it! It's been pretty frustrating because he growls/barks and I think people become frightened of him, and I hope he grows out of it because when he's fully grown I plan to bike with him often to burn off his energy.

He does love playing with EVERYONE and EVERYTHING, and it's really difficult getting him to learn not to jump on people! :doh: Any tips on this would be more than welcomed!

Also, my poor baby has allergies (hence the sock in one of the pictures... he licked one of his toes raw) and I'm hoping to find what the culprit is soon...

Other than those little quirks, he's a very smart boy and is learning everything really quickly. He's a joy to have around and I really can't imagine my life without him (no matter how much money he is stealing from my bank account, haha).

Finally, here are some pictures.

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Welcome to you and Pluto. He does have some ears on him!
Looks like he is hitting the teenage stage, too.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
He is so adorable and looks like real fun to have around. Welcome to GRF!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Hi Maria and Pluto. I find it is best to always see the glass half full when dealng with animals. Thye have their own agenda and the lack of communication between them and us makes it hard to be on the same page all the time. Pluto will grow out of all his antics and then you will wish he did that again :). Have fun with him which sounds like you and are and just hang for the ride.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Welcome!! Pluto is so adorable!! I have a golden mix too and I've been welcomed with open arms, so don't worry too much about that! :)

·
Maria
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, everyone! I've been wandering this site since I got him 3 months ago and I'm glad to officially be a part of it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts