Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

My First Post...My First Golden

1K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  SimTek 
#1 ·
A little over 6 weeks ago I met CeCe. As a 'manly man' I tried to play off how much I adored her at first. When I got her home I realized she had fleas, not just a few, HUNDREDS. I've never seen anything so sad and pathetic in my life. I gave her flea bath after flea bath and combed after combed, flea bombed the house twice and finally couldn't find a single one anywhere on her.

During the bathing process we really bonded and I couldn't deny it any longer, I was in love...with a puppy....who my wife and daughter 'dressed' in a pink shirt and all other manners of girly things. :)

She has quickly become 'my dog' though I secretly refuse to allow my wife to call her a dog....she's still very much a puppy after all and I don't plan to let that stage of her growth go easily.

It's odd as I sit covered in puppy hair (even finding a few on my tongue, sneaky things) and just adore this little creature. Me, the typical big burly fellow who also happens to have a DEEP aversion to loose hair.

I thought great, I'll be the one taking care of this mutt when the girls decide it's too cold to take her out.

Now I find myself wondering where her little puppy wings are.

Man, I'm a wuss!

See less See more
#2 ·
Too cute! Welcome to the forum. You aren't the first man to fall prey to a goldens sweet puppy face. My husband quickly fell for our two boys too and now talks to them in a very un-manly voice :)

Enjoy it here!

#4 ·
I needed this post today! Thank-you and welcome!

Reactions: LibertyME
#5 ·
What an adorable little girl!!!!

My hubby was a cat guy before we met and I've always had dogs. He too soon fell in love with our first Golden, Reno, and then it just got worse after the 2nd, 3rd and 4th!!!! He quite often has to write articles or do presentations for work....our dogs make every one (but I don't)!!!

Welcome to the forum!!

#6 ·
You have found a safe haven here to squee and gush to your hearts content about CeCe!! Embrace your 'un-manly' which is actually, IMHO, a trait that is admirable in a man.

Everyone here absolutely looooooves :love: their golden and do things with, to and for their pups that others mind find strange or over-the-top, so you are in good company!!!

More photos are needed of CeCe!
:welcome:

#7 ·
Awww- what an awesome post. Nothing is more beguiling than a golden puppy and nothing is more naughty!

#8 ·
My hubby tries to play the tough guy around our three golden boys but he's really a softie @ heart too!

Welcome to the forum!

#9 ·
My husband also tries to play the big tough guy but is such a softie when it comes to our dogs. Karly was laying in bed next to me last night on his side of the bed. He climbed in next to her and she didn't move. He looked so uncomfortable so I told him just to move Karly over but he wouldn't because she looked so comfortable and he was enjoying snuggling her!

#11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I look forward to becoming a part of the community. Here's another of CeCe and my daughter:

I also use the 'puppy voice' with her sometimes and which gets some funny looks from the neighbors. :)
That's a beautiful picture!!!

#12 ·
One of the sweetest posts! You're a big ole mush for your CeCe, that is great! Should be a Disney movie! Big Ole Burly Man Falls for Sweet Little Flea Infested Goldie!

(and guess what?! You WILL be the one to take her out when it's cold! :p:)

#14 ·
You have two beautiful girls there!!!! Welcome!

#16 ·
Hello and welcome. Don't worry about puppyhood ending too soon. It'll last a few years, so be sure to soak it all up! Maggie is closing in on her 2nd birthday and still very much a puppy. Cece sure is sweet. So glad you were able to deal with those darn fleas! Cece is so lucky to have found you! So glad you found this forum. Welcome to a warm and wonderful community.

#19 ·
Hello and congrats on your new golden :). Don't be ashamed of being totally in love with your golden, we all feel the same way. The first few days of having my pup I often found her sleeping with my husband on the lazy boy.. your allowed to coddle her!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.