Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
This is the perfect gift. Merry Christmas, Frazier. Hope you have a great day at the bridge with lots of tennis balls.

Reactions: Tuckers Mom

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Frazier

Merry Christmas, Frazier.
That is a beautiful gift.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Beautiful. Is that a photo of the collar or the real thing? Gives me an Idea to do something similar for Tucker. I did a shadowbox for Deardra a long time ago with all her tags.

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Steve, Yes, that is his actual collar. It's a shadow box. Hub felt a little guilty for having to "retrieve" his ID tags from his locks of fur box, but figured I would forgive him once I saw the finished product. I DID. :). I have barely stopped tearing up today every time I look at it. The Photo is my favorite photo of him, also embossed on his urn that was under the tree this morning while we opened gifts. He was with us, IS with us, and will ALWAYS be with us.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Hey Steve, Yes, that is his actual collar. It's a shadow box. Hub felt a little guilty for having to "retrieve" his ID tags from his locks of fur box, but figured I would forgive him once I saw the finished product. I DID. :). I have barely stopped tearing up today every time I look at it. The Photo is my favorite photo of him, also embossed on his urn that was under the tree this morning while we opened gifts. He was with us, IS with us, and will ALWAYS be with us.
It's even more special that your husband created this gift for you! Wow!!!

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It's even more special that your husband created this gift for you! Wow!!!

Yes he did it all by hand.... Hence Major girly tears... :(:smooch:

What makes it even more special for me is that Frazier " came" with the Wife so to speak..... On one of my Hubby's first " Sleep Overs" ;), He had fallen asleep on our (then) overstuffed sofa, remote in hand.... Frazier crawled up on the sofa and promptly "wedged" himself right up against him and fell asleep too.... (he) wrapped his arm around Frazier and they slept together on the sofa for 2 hours. I knew then that my Hubby was a keeper. ;). Somewhere there is evidence of this.... I shall find it and post.

MTA: " The Scene of the Crime"- Picture

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Cried a bucket of tears over this. I will show it to Hubby and hope he can make one for our little Millie girl. Nice to know you had his ashes with you under the tree. He was there and watching. I know he was happy.

Sending you lots of hugs and thank you so much for your help with Millie, it was over the top that you could give me comfort when you so recently lost Frazier. I will remember this forever.

Love and hugs, been a hard Christmas, I know.

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
awww Deber, I know. You touched my heart with your lovely post. That is why this community is so wonderful, all going through the same laughter, Tears, and Goodbyes together. (( Hugs ))

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
A beautiful and touching gift of love. Your husband is a very special man. :smooch:

I cried a bucket of tears too. Tucker is alive in your heart and with you for every step you take. (((((hugs)))))

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I kept Sagebrush's, Buckskin's and Brewer's collars too, and I have never stopped missing them. Whenever I pet Nugget I feel as though I am petting all of them. Thank you for the happy tears.

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
A gift like that just can't be properly described in words. You have to feel it in your heart.

Your guy is definitely a keeper.

·
Maggie Mae's Mom Too!
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mittabear:

I just realized that your Chester and My Tucker are almost exactly the same age!! LOL.... we could probably share lots of common things as our Rowdy guys are just at the OMG FUN stage... :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts