Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a photo of one of my favorite Christmas experiences and Photos. This was taken about 10 years ago. I was pretending to be Clark W. Griswald and hang up the Christmas lights on our front porch. The easiest way to the roof was to crawl out the kid's bathroom window that was over the roof of the porch. I was on the roof hanging the lights and I felt a nudge in my back. Sure enough, there was my trusty Golden Retriever Riker.

Riker laid down on the roof and supervised my installation of the lights. Several cars stop short on the street to point and gawk at the dog on the roof. My youngest son ran into the house and took this photo. I certainly smile every time I walk by it. Remembering the good times is especially helpful to me since we lost him on Valentines day. Thanks for letting me reminiscence.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Adorable!! What a great photo of your old pal!!

·
and Miss Riley and Jake
686 Posts
Great pic! One of the great things about Goldens is the "where you go I go too." Good memories for you.:)

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
I can see why it is your favorite, it is a great picture!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Awww I'm sorry you don't have him any more. That is a GREAT photo.
Playing Clark W. Griswold... you are a clown! (that was a compliment BTW).

Thanks for sharing your photo with us.

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts
Those are moments that don't come along very often, I'm glad your son took the picture!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Unique photo Patrick and a wonderful memory.

Now I suppose someone could come along and surprise me, but I'm willing to bet that no one else has here has a "golden on the roof" photo.

I know GoldenSail's Scout climbs ladders, but I don't believe we've even seen Scout on a roof....yet.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I can understand why that is one of your favorite photos. It is a classic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts