Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this forum to do some browsing as i'm wanting to add a golden to our family but I thought I would introduce my current fur-family!

We finally bought our own house and I always told my s/o that as soon as we had a house with a yard we could add a third dog.. the standard poodles were mine before we met and they clearly ignore him.

He has his heart set on a golden, young or old and i'm sure we will find the right one that needs a home with time but for now here is the current family.

This is Vega, he's a lively spirit that's for sure. Not much slows him down!

..and this is Dodger! She's a couch potato... wants nothing more then th lounge around on most days. She's only active if she has a dog friend to play with!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Welcome! You'll find tons of great info here on the friendliest pet forum on the web.

Great looking pups! I love their haircuts! Thanks for sharing them with us :D

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Beautiful dogs, I think I saw in the other thread that you are a groomer (it shows). Welcome and good luck on your hunt for a golden.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are both semi-naked now, at least naked for them.. i like keeping the coat long but with moving and packing i wasn't going to be able to spend nearly enough time on their coat and their comfort matters more to me than how they look so i clipped it short enough where I don't have to worry about brushing for a few weeks at least. Spending some time in dallas visiting family and then off to Charlotte once the house is ready.

Thank you for the compliments! I try to keep them brushed out at least, they love getting dirty.

·
Premium Member
18,458 Posts
I love your dogs! Welcome to the board. Goldens and SPs make a good combination.

·
Hudson's girl
417 Posts
They are beautiful. My aunt and uncle have a standard poodle called Maggie and I just adore her. Welcome and good luck finding your Golden :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts