Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really long story, but I just need to get it out there.

I know that finding the current owner of my dog is a once in a lifetime shot, but seeing how many golden retriever lovers are here I think I'll take that chance.

I gave my golden retriever puppy, Rochie (pronounced Rocky but with a ch), away in August 2013 because I found myself unable to give him the time he needed to really flourish. The new owner was really nice, able to take care of him, and I visited his house before we made the move.

While the new owner went on vacation for winter break, I took my dog back. I suspected signs of neglect; often times the new owner would spend 12 hours out, leaving the dog alone with no food and no walk. I took care of the Rochie for 2 weeks, and when the new owner came back from vacation he took Rochie back. I didn't hear from him again. I tried sending messages and calling but he never replied to anything.

I went on under the impression that he just changed his phone - a terrible mistake. After pursuing a hunch by googling his phone number, I found numerous attempts to sell the dog on sketchy Chinese ad websites, the last one posted just 2 days after winter break. I became worried, and messaged him on every available social networking site, emailed him, called him. I just wanted to know if Rochie was okay.

The next morning, today, I received a text message saying that Rochie had "ran away with other dogs" at the park one day. Extremely agitated, I took it to my own hands to try to locate the dog. I called the Coquitlam Animal Shelter, and found out what actually happened.

The new owner had tied Rochie to a pole in the park and then drove away. I identified the car as a white BMW, matching the description of the bystanders of "white SUV". The lady was really kind, and told me that Rochie had been taken to the vet, checked, and adopted by a lovely family. But I was also told there was no way I could contact them, not even for the Coquitlam shelter people to offer my contact information to the adopters.

I don't know where Rochie is. I don't even know if he's still called Rochie. When he was left tied to pole in a park I think he lost his identity.

If anyone knows anything, Rochie was a beautiful golden retriever, born September 2nd, 2013. Has suffered and recovered from the parvovirus. Knows his basic tricks. He's extremely gentle and may be shy with strangers. He's been neutered. He's pretty huge, 80-100 pounds

If by some stroke of luck someone who knows anyone who adopted a golden in Coquitlam, BC anywhere from January - April (timeline is really unknown) of 2014, please contact me. I'd just really love to know Rochie is okay.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Rochie is a handsome boy! I'm sorry about your situation, I hope you can eventually find some closure. At least you have confirmation that he is living with a loving family now. That must make you feel a little better!

·
Registered
331 Posts
You gave him away? When you give a dog away they could end up in a bad situation. People look for free dogs and then turn around and sell them. I hope you find your dog and I hope he was adopted to a great family so you can have some peace.

·
Puppydom!
56 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about this. :( I really hope you're able to find the new owners so you can get the peace of mind that Rochie is in a loving home with a wonderful family this time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts