Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog got rashes on his but at first, I changed his food and the rashes started disappearing. Few days ago I noticed a big rash on his head. I tried everything, but nothing is helping him. Please share any experience with me.
IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg
Here is a picture of him.
998880_607986302553508_1587751566_n.jpg

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Looking at the photo(s) I would say your dog is suffering from a hotspot. A hot spot is a warm, painful, swollen patch of skin that exudes pus and may give off a foul odor. Hair in the area is lost rapidly. The infection progresses when the dog licks and chews the site. These circular patches appear suddenly and enlarge quickly, often within a matter of hours. These hotspots can be caused by fleas, allergies, or hot, humid weather.

The dog should be seen by a veterinarian so the area can be clipped, cleaned and treated properly and more then likely be prescribed antibiotics to help. I'd see the vet sooner rather then later since they are very painful and can grow in size in just a short amount of time. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The goal is to let the air get at the wound so it will dry out. That is why clipping/shaving the fur around the area is also a good idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts