Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, my 1,5 year golden retriever named : Arya, doesn’t bark when my neighbor’s dog (german shepherd) runs at her while my dog is on leash and the other one is not. I usually try to scare the other dog because i fear him coming and biting my dog.
Does someone have an answer to that ? Why is she ignoring him ? Is she scared or being friendly ? and how can I know if the other dog wants to play with her (knowing that he is a male dog) ?

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
You would have to observe her body language to help understand how she's feeling about the other dog. Here's one site

It's not abnormal that she doesn't bark. Goldens are usually friendly to other dogs ulness they have had a bad experience. Also if you are getting scared she could pick up your fear. I would try to avoid the situation if you think the other dog is looking to fight. He may just be guarding his territory. When Rukie and I walk past neighborhood dogs who are in electric fences I try to keep him focused on me by giving treats as we walk past the yards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.