Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
5,297 Posts
That's lovely. Watson was a member of your family and you loved him. Please take all the time you need to grieve, we understand your feelings and loss.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I remember getting Barnaby back, although he wasn't with me physically it was comforting. I hope you feel Watson's love and spirit with you, it's different for us all but you'll smile again and he'll always be in your heart, take care x

·
Debbie624
373 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss of Watson. Keeping him and you in my prayers. God bless his sweet soul.

·
5,297 Posts
Please visit anytime. So many of us have felt the loss and grief you're experiencing now. We'd love to hear more stories about Watson if you want to share.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Please visit anytime. So many of us have felt the loss and grief you're experiencing now. We'd love to hear more stories about Watson if you want to share.
Thank you, I will. It's been bittersweet remembering a younger Watson and slipping into the grief of losing him. Nothing gold can stay...and I knew one day he would not be with us. I'm having a difficult time in the mornings. We always went for a morning walk. Even near the end, he would look at me and stretch, with a look of 'c'mon, let's go'. If only for a short walk, maybe only half a mile, but it was our special time.

·
Debbie624
373 Posts
Thank you Debbie. I keep coming here because of people like you. You don't know me, but you know the love and the terrible loss I'm feeling.
I don't know your specific story of Watson bc I have kind of gotten away from the forum on a regular basis. But I definitely know the devastation and the heartache. I lost my Callie July 2018 and it was the hardest thing I have ever been through. I experienced depression for the first time. I didn't believe that I could get through it and cried daily for many months. But I told myself one day that I had to "snap out of it" and I had to figure out a way to live without her. Live without her physically, but I believe she will always be with me spiritually. The support I got from this forum is what got me through it. Everyone here was incredibly kind and reading others' stories of how they got through it really helped. And knowing that I wasn't the only one who was experiencing what I was has helped incredibly. A lot of people, those without goldens, don't understand the specialness of them. There is something different about goldens. Unless you have been a parent of one, many don't seem to understand. Watson was your special boy. It is clear the very special relationship you had. It may help if you haven't already, to write his story. That helped me in my grieving. I would love to read more about him. Getting Coco, last April, helped too. I didn't think I could fall in love again but I have. Hang in there. It feels like an eternity but the pain does get better. There will always be a hole in your heart but the intensity of the pain dissipates. Keeping you both in my prayers....

·
Registered
699 Posts
I do not know if the intensity of the pain dissipates,but it definitely changes form.It becomes a love frozen in time.Unattainable but also untouchable and immune to any threath The pain multiplies itself into a different almost holy love where you find peace. Watson left peacefully in the arms of their loving parents who were there for him in good & bad times.A very lucky soul.Thank you again where we need such dog owners while so many beautiful souls are let down at the first hardship.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thank you for your words Peri, I believe what you said is true, my love for him is frozen in time. It feels good to see it that way, because he is still so much a part of me. I have peace knowing we did everything we could, and his last days were good ones for both of us. So little pain for him, and surrounded by so much love.

Forever in my heart

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Watson, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers at this sad time. Please let me know if you would like me to add his name to The Rainbow Bridge List x
Yes, my friend, please do add Watson to the list. I've come to know most of his friends who have passed this year.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I have added precious Watson to the list x

·
Registered
699 Posts
Thank you for your words Peri, I believe what you said is true, my love for him is frozen in time. It feels good to see it that way, because he is still so much a part of me. I have peace knowing we did everything we could, and his last days were good ones for both of us. So little pain for him, and surrounded by so much love.

Forever in my heart
He is not only a part of you.He is basically You.There is on the surface only one bad chatacter in the story of pet lovers which is Time (and its consequences).However, we are still having the upper head over time because it can never reach&control the depth of our memories.The real & authentic one always endures time and becomes more valuable.You never forget how you loved.You most probably did not know that you even had that big potential to love and to fight for it mentally,emotionally & physically .Actually,You fought for both of you in order to freeze time & make last the love & happiness you evoke in eachother.And in return you have been gifted with this peaceful memories of love because you know you have done everything you could & had the potential for.You have been authentic & loyal to yourself and did not opt to give up .Thank you 💐

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
He is not only a part of you.He is basically You.There is on the surface only one bad chatacter in the story of pet lovers which is Time (and its consequences).However, we are still having the upper head over time because it can never reach&control the depth of our memories.The real & authentic one always endures time and becomes more valuable.You never forget how you loved.You most probably did not know that you even had that big potential to love and to fight for it mentally,emotionally & physically .Actually,You fought for both of you in order to freeze time & make last the love & happiness you evoke in eachother.And in return you have been gifted with this peaceful memories of love because you know you have done everything you could & had the potential for.You have been authentic & loyal to yourself and did not opt to give up .Thank you 💐
Thank you for your words Peri. They always ring true ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hello all, back for a quick read and some honest tears. I wear Watson's dog tags around my neck on a leather cord. When I charge down the stairs I hear the familiar 'jingle' and it makes me happy. We have a prayer bell in the back yard next to our hammock where we spent oh so many days in the grass and sun, those last 3 months. He rings the bell for me, even when there isn't a breath of air it seems. And I say loudly "Hi Watson!!" and talk to him for a bit. The love continues.

·
Super Moderator
3,333 Posts
What peaceful memories. I am happy for you!

Reactions: WatsonsMom
21 - 40 of 44 Posts