Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Watson crossed over the Rainbow Bridge last night at 7:42. He had taken a turn for the worse, getting me up at 4:00 am to go out, but he collapsed in the yard. I laid with him for 3 hours, then we carried him inside. He spent a very quiet day with us, in my arms, in our heart, as we waited for the vet to come. When he did, Watson greeted him with a feeble wag of his tail, silly dog. It was quick and peaceful, so unbelievably peaceful. We will keep him in our hearts forever. Watson was truly one of a kind. Thanks to everyone on this message board for making our last few months fun and memorable.

·
Super Moderator
2,926 Posts
You and Watson - Holding you in our hearts... 💞

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,090 Posts
I am so sorry to hear Watson crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

I believe when our dogs pass, they are pain free, enjoying life as they once did when they were young and that they will be waiting for us when our time comes.

Until that day, he will forever be in your heart and watching over you.

Godspeed Watson

·
Lubbin mi prends!
9,139 Posts
So sorry for your loss!

We are thinking of you and Watson.

Heike....and Lilly

Reactions: WatsonsMom

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I am so sorry. My heart just dropped when I saw the title of your thread. I hope you find comfort in thinking of the great times and love you shared with Watson. You gave him the best right through the end. How well I remember the pain you are feeling.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I’m sorry that it was time to let him go. It is the ultimate act of love we give our dogs. Watson benefited from his/your Covid time He’ll always be with you and your next golden. I’m very sorry for you and your husband. Your boy is in a better place.

·
Super Moderator
3,920 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Watson.I hope that the peaceful goodbye will give you some comfort over time. It did for me when it was time to let our Asia cross. It really is the ultimate gift we can give them but that doesn't stop the overwhelming pain and grief you feel. What a wonderful life you gave him. Take care and my thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
17,611 Posts
I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Watson, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers at this sad time. Please let me know if you would like me to add his name to The Rainbow Bridge List x

·
5,133 Posts
I'm so sorry that Watson has crossed the rainbow bridge. It was enjoyable getting to know him and he'll be missed by many. Hugs to you at this sad time.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Thomas Mann,Visconti,Karajan & Mahler all met together at "Morte a Venezia".A master piece that we humans still do not know how to fight against and cope with.However,despite many floads,Venice did not sink and is still there .Remains as one of the most beautiful city on earth and will remain as you remaining as the perfect mom and as you sharing the most beautiful story with Watson.You had together a wonderful life and nothing can take that away from you.You will always remain as Watson's strong & affectionate mum and Watson will always remain your fabulous son.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your handsome Watson......

Reactions: WatsonsMom

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Watson is home. Never will there be a dog as loved as our dear Watson. Not in my life. Ever. I will always save the last bite for you, my friend.

The crematorium was wonderful, so kind and truly heartfelt interaction. I don't know why I'm still crying. We were blessed with the
IMG_6642.JPG
most amazing last three months, and if ever there was a good death, it was his, but I miss him so very very much.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts