Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andie Grace (my daughter) Had quite the weekend. Senior Night on Friday at the football game and even tho Barb can't see right now her,her Grandmother & Granddad & I walked her out on the football field before the game. As they called her her name and ours they said she was going on to be an RN & an EMT. Standing ovation from the crowd. Then Sat. we went to a nursing photo contest about 2 hours away. She had takin pics of her Mom at the retina center & the inside of our new med. helicopter. and seemed to do very well. She Graduates from High School in Dec. and the on to Collage. So proud of her!

·
3 goldens
11,710 Posts
You have every right to be proud, very proud of her. I wish her all the luck in the world as she goes off to college. I went to nursing school for one year, then got married and never went back.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,828 Posts
Congratulations to Andie Grace, you and Barb and your entire family.
I know you all must be so very very proud of her.

You and Barb have done a fantastic job raising such a beautiful young woman.
Best of luck to her with her studies and future career.

·
Registered
17,236 Posts
Congratulations, Andie sounds like a wonderful young woman and a very special daughter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m not quite sure how this page works or if anyone will be notified of this comment. This was the last post my dad made on the golden retriever forum and I just found it. He passed away November 13, 2016. I’m Andie Grace (his daughter). I’m now in my last semester of nursing school to graduate as a RN in May. I’m engaged to my fiancé Mike and we have a golden named Scooby Doo. Jack and Sweetie are still amazing Jack is now 10 and Sweetie is 7. They love playing at the beach together with mom. Moms eye sight is back to 20/20 in both eyes and Grammie (his mom) is doing great. Everyone on this forum made my dad so happy.

·
Super Moderator
1,233 Posts
What a touching connection. Thanks for taking the time to post. So sorry for your loss. Apparently you have kept the golden tradition alive in your family. We would love to see some recent pictures! Love your avatar! What a beautiful golden.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,828 Posts
I’m not quite sure how this page works or if anyone will be notified of this comment. This was the last post my dad made on the golden retriever forum and I just found it. He passed away November 13, 2016. I’m Andie Grace (his daughter). I’m now in my last semester of nursing school to graduate as a RN in May. I’m engaged to my fiancé Mike and we have a golden named Scooby Doo. Jack and Sweetie are still amazing Jack is now 10 and Sweetie is 7. They love playing at the beach together with mom. Moms eye sight is back to 20/20 in both eyes and Grammie (his mom) is doing great. Everyone on this forum made my dad so happy.

Hi Andie Grace,

I am so glad you posted an update. I was with friends with your dad on FB as well as him being on the Mod Team. I live down by Emerald Isle, we used to talk often, think of him often too.

Congratulations on your engagement and your upcoming graduation from Nursing school. Your dad was so proud of you, I know he still is everyday........
Great to hear your mom and grandma are doing so well.

Good to hear about Jack and Sweetie, hope you'll share pics of them along with your Scooby Doo.

·
Kristy
9,166 Posts
Hi AndieGrace, I spent a lot of time on this forum in previous years and your dad was a favorite of mine here. He was always so kind and clearly loved his dogs and family. And he was SO proud of you. I hope that reading his comments here lets you see that and helps you to hold his memory close. I am truly sorry that you lost him too soon. Please know that he is missed here. Keep embracing joy in your life and know nothing would make him prouder or happier than to see how you are accomplishing your goals and building a life with someone you love. Best wishes to you on your very bright future.
Kristy

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,828 Posts
Sweetie and Jack look great, Jack is becoming a sugar faced boy.........
Nice seeing them again.

Scooby Doo is a handsome boy!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Thank you so much for the update. I remember reading many of your dad’s posts and we also messaged each other. He was very proud of you. God bless you.

·
Registered
17,236 Posts
Hello Andie Grace, I too worked with your Dad on The Golden Retriever Forum Mod Team, he was a lovely man and he made me smile often with his posts on here. I'm so happy that you are doing well and that you are now engaged. Your Dad would be so very proud of you, he spoke about you many times. Sending my very best wishes to you from across the pond (I live in England), and I hope that you continue to shine in everything you do.
P. S. All the pups are looking wonderful!.

·
Senior Royal Member
5,278 Posts
Sorry, eyes are leaking with lil motes of joy from your posts Miss Andie Grace. Your Dad was a good man, and loved you so much. So glad you posted.

Max, the human not the canine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts