Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twelve months ago today my Dad passed away, and today is going to be a struggle to get through.

I hope that he has been reunited with his girls, and furry grandkids, he always had a dog as his shadow, and I know that he loved my goldens as much as his own cocker and springer spaniels.

Dad, wherever you are looking over us, we love and miss you so much, I wish we had been able to say goodbye and hold your hand, but sadly it was not to be.

TO ALL THE WORLD I AM COPING, I AM FINE WHEN SOMEONE ASKS BUT IF THEY COULD SEE INSIDE MY HEART, THEY'D KNOW IT;S JUST A MASK.

I OFTEN SIT AND THINK OF HOW YOU DIED, MANY TIMES I;VE LONGED FOR YOU AND MANY TIMES I'VE CRIED

NO-ONE KNOWS MY SORROW, AND FEW HAVE SEEN ME WEEP, FOR I'VE SHED MY TEARS WITH A BROKEN HEART WHEN ALL ARE FAST ASLEEP.

I NEVER KNEW THAT MORNING, THE SORROW THAT DAY WOULD BRING
WHEN A HEART OF GOLD STOPPED BEATING, AND I COULDN'T DO A THING

A MILLION TIMES IN NEEDED YOU
A MILLIION TIMES I CRIED
IF LOVE ALONE COULD HAVE SAVED YOU
YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE DIED

IN LIFE I LOVED YOU DEARLY
IN DEATH I LOVE YOU STILL
IN MY HEART YOU HOLD A PLACE
NO ONE COULD EVER FILL

Sleep softly Dad,

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Your Dad

I am so very sorry about your Dad. My Mom and Dad died 11 and 10 years ago, and I will always miss them.
What you wrote is so beautiful.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sending my thoughts and prayers to you.

·
Karen
986 Posts
Anniversaries are so very hard, but sometimes even the regular days are hard when a memory comes to mind and you miss a loved one so very much. What a beautiful tribute and lovely message to your Dad. Hugs and Kind Thoughts

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone - we got through - you have to don't you, but it wasn't easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts