Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad (age 79) died last Friday in hospice after a long illness. He has been pretty miserable since my mom died six years ago. He died peacefully in his sleep and in no pain. (which is a miracle and something we had all feared)

He joins my mom, our daughter, many good friends and relatives there as well as all our family dogs who have gone before us. I know there is a big party in Heaven!!
His service is Friday, the 13th which is six years to the day after my mom's fatal aneurysm.

Pic of my mom, dad and me. : )

Godspeed Dad.

Attachments

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. RIP.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
so sorry for your lost.Big hugs to all your family.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Godspeed.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I am so very, very sorry for your loss of your Dad. Prayers go out to you.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Deb

Deb

I am so very sorry about your Dad. So glad he was not in pain-that is a blessing.
I miss my parents so very much!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,722 Posts
I am so sorry for the passing of your dad, I'm glad he went peacefully and didn't suffer.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, god bless.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
So sorry for your loss - but a blessing that he passed peacefully. My thoughts are with you at this sad time

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Deb, I posted condolences in the other thread but I am also sorry for your loss. I think that photo is something you should cherish because it shows the happiness in all of your eyes. (((HUGS)))

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,074 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad.

Condolences to you and your family.

·
Registered
783 Posts
My Sincere Condolences

My condolences on the loss of your dad. I'm glad that he was able to go peacefully. He looked like a very fun guy in your family pics. Best wishes to you and your family.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss - hugs going to you.

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Deb, I've very sorry for you that your Dad has gotten his angel wings. I'll bet there's one heck of a reunion going on in Heave, where your parents are happily reunited with each other and all the furry friends. Wishing you peace as you cope with your loss....

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,154 Posts
My heartfelt condolences go out to you. You've expressed that you believe there's more than life on this Earth. May I tell you a short personal story?:

When I was 22 I woke up one morning, my pillow drenched in tears from a dream I'd just had. In that dream, my father showed up in the back of a taxicab I was riding in. I was surprised to see him, but the look on his face was one of concern.

He told me, "Son, I know you're surprised to see me. The reason I'm here is that I've just passed away and wanted to tell you, before I go to Heaven, how much I love you. How much I want you to have the happy full life I've worked hard for and wish for you to have. Promise me you'll take care of your mother and sister ....." And so the dream went.

I was crying the saddest tears imaginable in my dream. Begging him not to go. Then I woke up.

I put on my robe and went to the front door to get the L.A. times off the front porch.

Under the door was an envelope. It was a telegram. This is what it said:

"I'm so sorry to tell you your father just passed away. Please call immediately. Cousin Albert".

No one can tell me there isn't life after our physical forms are no more.

Again, my deepest heartfelt sympathies. I believe you will see him again, and it will seem like only seconds have passed.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I lvoe that photo. Such lovely smiles on you all.

I am so sorry you lost your dad, but so glad he went peacefully. I lost my Dad January 7, 2001 and there are still so many times I wish I could ask him something or tell him something - sigh. He too was in hospice so his passing was eased with morphine and for that easing of pain I am forever grateful.

·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your Dad, I lost my dad in 99 and it still feels like yesterday. My heart is with you!!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts