Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Park, Cam and Ty Rule!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I would share pictures of my current foster Jonie. She has been with us for almost three months now.

She was used as a breeder dog at a puppy mill... splayed feet from living on wire. She was very shy when she first came in... more fearful of men then women... we are assuming due to her behavior she was most likely abused or handled very roughly by a guy. She has made a tremendous amount of progress though, and now loves my husband and goes up to meet men during our walks. Just a sweet, sweet lady...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,595 Posts
Don't you just love it when you have them long enough to seem them blossom and learn to trust? She's precious!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
What a gorgeous girl. Bless you for fostering her.

·
Park, Cam and Ty Rule!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's definitely amazing to see!

It's just crazy to think back to the first week she was here. She would cower when Andy would even reach up to scratch his head! Now she runs up to him and gives him kisses and even lets him kind of rough house with her like he does with the boys.

We had her up at the cabin this weekend and she just had so much fun racing around having such a good time. We had a discussion on the way home about how she is actually starting to act like a dog now. It's wonderful to see, and I smile knowing that we had a part in that. Just makes you feel good....

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
She looks like a sweetie.. I love the picture of her all decorated for the holidays lol she looks just thrilled about it!! ;)

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Very nice looking foster. It sounds like you have brought her a long way. I'm sure she won't be with you for very long. She looks like a sweetheart.

·
Park, Cam and Ty Rule!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the picture of her all decorated for the holidays lol she looks just thrilled about it!!
Oh my goodness.... You should have witnessed the ordeal it was to get her to sit for that picture! :bowl:

DH sat and watched and just laughed....

I posted that picture on her petfinder page hoping someone would see how much we torture her here and want to "save her" and adopt her... :p:

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
She might be rolling her eyes at you, but it sure made me laugh!

Jonie is beautiful and it sure sounds like she has made a lot of progress. It's a shame it took her so long to begin to "act like a dog", but wonderful that she finally gets to enjoy life.

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
Jonie is beautiful - and Parker, Tyson, and Camden are looking so handsome and grown-up! Nice to see your post - hope you are well!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
She is beautiful. What a long way she has come. Doesnt it make your heart just blossom seeing them go from a sad scared dog to a happy bouncing pup. I love the picture of her all decorated for the holiday.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Jonie

Jonie is a knockout-simply adorable!!

She will be adopted soon, I bet. Jonie will have a very Happy Holiday with you!!:):):):)

·
Park, Cam and Ty Rule!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just an update... After about 4 months of being with us Jonie found her forever home! She now has two Berner's and a beagle to play with and a family that absolutely adores her!

I do still miss her since she was here for so long and I spent so much time working with her I became very attached... which doesn't typically happen to me!

This is a picture I just got from her family... enjoying the snow with one of her new sisters.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Jonie looks very happy and her sister is beautiful too. Thank you so much for helping this girl become a happy dog.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Such wonderful news! She looks so happy and you helped to make that happen! Thanks so much for caring about her and showing her that there was a better life for her out here!

·
Registered
154 Posts
What a terrific story. So glad she was with you guys and you provided such a loving, caring home! She looks very happy and all because of you!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
What a beautiful picture of her and her new sister. Love the snow all over her face.
I can understand how hard it was letting her go, It was the same way with me and Joey. I still miss that little guy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts