Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Initially My uncle gave me the puppy to take care for a week but then they kept calling and pressuring me that they will sell the puppy bcz they already have 2 adult dogs and wont be able to look after 3 dogs. Because of the constant pressure my husband and i decided to keep the puppy for ourselves ( we do not have any papers regarding the same - just the phone calls ). We finally( after a month) told them not to sell the puppy and we are going to keep him and they were happy about it..

But now bcz their kids are crying and want the puppy back they are again pressuring us to give him back. Now that we consider the puppy to be our baby, we cannot give him back.
They are saying their kids happiness matters to them and nothing else does.

But is the puppy a toy to give kids when they r crying and then again send the puppy elsewhere? they also have a life and they also get depressed and sad.. its been almost 2 months we have the puppy and we are more then happy to have him!

What should i do and how should i go about this??

·
Super Moderator
1,202 Posts
can you keep the puppy and tell his kids that they may visit the puppy if they wish?

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
Kids are generally out of sight, out of mind.. so I dk that you are getting a true story on the crying, etc unless the uncle is using the puppy as a reward/punishment when the kids misbehave and in that case uncle is setting them up for emotional problems as adults...
I'd just tell him sorry- but he bugged you about the dog and keeping the dog for him and finally you decided you would take this dog on, but as he knows, once you decide to let a dog be a part of your family, they are YOUR family and not someone else's toy to use as they wish. And you'll text him some pics next time you take some. This is on him, no child even focusses on a puppy no longer there unless the adult is reminding them of the pup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you keep the puppy and tell his kids that they may visit the puppy if they wish?
I did tell them the same. but their mother is acting up and fighting with us saying that her kid who is in 9th grade is not studying and crying for the puppy who is with me for past 2 months , and not once did they come to see him on their own. and today they remembered him.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kids are generally out of sight, out of mind.. so I dk that you are getting a true story on the crying, etc unless the uncle is using the puppy as a reward/punishment when the kids misbehave and in that case uncle is setting them up for emotional problems as adults...
I'd just tell him sorry- but he bugged you about the dog and keeping the dog for him and finally you decided you would take this dog on, but as he knows, once you decide to let a dog be a part of your family, they are YOUR family and not someone else's toy to use as they wish. And you'll text him some pics next time you take some. This is on him, no child even focusses on a puppy no longer there unless the adult is reminding them of the pup.
ive been sending them pics and videos and calling and telling them about his new tricks but they hav never once askd me for any of these for the past 2 months, and now why suddenly the outburst. we have already made the puppy our family and yes he isnt a toy. i will def not let the pup go. thank you so much means a lot to me. thanks for ur reply

·
Puddles
3,942 Posts
I'm just curious... you had an earlier post about a 2 yr old and ways to avoid pregnancy. Where does the puppy fit into all this? Do whatever is best for the puppy and remember that family is there forever. In the future I would learn from this experience and get agreements in writing :)

·
Premium Member
18,151 Posts
Tell him sorry but the dog is yours now and you are keeping him.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm just curious... you had an earlier post about a 2 yr old and ways to avoid pregnancy. Where does the puppy fit into all this? Do whatever is best for the puppy and remember that family is there forever. In the future I would learn from this experience and get agreements in writing :)
ok so the 2 yr old dog is my puppies mom ( which is my uncles dog).

for now i have blocked them out and i texted them saying i cannot do anything if his kids r crying and i cannot pass around my baby like that and told him to never ever contact me again and talk to my husband if there is anything.. i considered them my family and did so much even for their dogs and they do this to me in the end.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tell him sorry but the dog is yours now and you are keeping him.
Ive told that a million times. stil they msgd me yesterday to get my puppy to heir house.
if they had given it to someone else other thn family they wudnt be able to ask the puppy back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also this situation is making me so anxious and i cannot do anything properly.

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
I'd alert the police- dk if that is a possibility as I dk where you are- but the dog is yours. Go on and get out all your vet bills, food reciepts, print out texts re: taking this pup originally, etc and make photocopies so you have a file of them handy @ the front door. Don't let dog out without a human. And tell your mom or dad (whichever is the one related to uncle) that you are not letting your dog go at uncle's whim.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd alert the police- dk if that is a possibility as I dk where you are- but the dog is yours. Go on and get out all your vet bills, food reciepts, print out texts re: taking this pup originally, etc and make photocopies so you have a file of them handy @ the front door. Don't let dog out without a human. And tell your mom or dad (whichever is the one related to uncle) that you are not letting your dog go at uncle's whim.
I have only all recordings where they say sell the puppy or keep the puppy. mostly my vet comes at home and i pay him online. food bills will be difficult to get .
Im in India and its a very slow country and police wont be very helpful in this matter. i was thinking of making adoption papers and ive askd the animal welfare association but they havent even replied to me since 3 days now.
I know for a fact that my puppy cannot live without me & my husband bcz yesterday i went to the grocery store and kept my puppy home with my sister and bcz i wasnt home he was very upset and when he heard me come he was running in joy. he follows me everywhere in the house and doesnt let me go anywhere alone, doesnt sleep at night unless my husband comes to bed.. the dogs do have feelings and now i have to make sure that my puppy doesnt feel lonely or left out. He is counting on us and i cannot let him down..i just will never.
the uncle is my moms brother - my parents are telling us to giv the puppy to the uncle and take their puppy if i want for a while(they arent ok if i take their puppy and they want me to give mine back. i dont know what to say. i said ok and left their house. )

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you so much a million times for replying and trying to help me out.

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
1,938 Posts
You might also wish to let your very one what's happening. This will create a 3rd party witness to what's going on and the vet would be able to validate that you've had the puppy all along. Also you can ask the vet too make any relevant now in your file as well.

But honestly, I would not leave you puppy alone in case they try to come and take while you're not home, especially if they have a key to your place. Might even think about changing your locks. Just a few cautionary suggestions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You might also wish to let your very one what's happening. This will create a 3rd party witness to what's going on and the vet would be able to validate that you've had the puppy all along. Also you can ask the vet too make any relevant now in your file as well.

But honestly, I would not leave you puppy alone in case they try to come and take while you're not home, especially if they have a key to your place. Might even think about changing your locks. Just a few cautionary suggestions.
I'm always at home and they don't have the keys to my place. Also I had informed my vet the day I got the puppy, so the vet knows I hav the puppy for so long..but he doesnt know the whole story, I had told him that I'm taking care of their puppy.
I will keep everyone updated of what is happening...
I want to end this matter as soon as possible.
I have block them from calling me so now they have to contact my husband and its easy for them to trouble me but they wont call my husband. He said he will handle it now.
I'm praying everything goes well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts