Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I've come on here...mainly because school is piling up, but also because this month is a tough one. This thanksgiving weekend will be exactly a year since the last time I saw my boy, got to hold him, got to play with him in our yard...on the 28th, it will be a year since Teddy crossed to the bridge. The feelings that came out during that aweful time have been resurfacing, I've been reliving the pain, the worst phone call I've ever gotten..it's been difficult. I miss you every day, Teddy..

I'm here to send everyone who has dealt with loss, or are currently going through it, strength and many prayers. I'm sorry if I haven't commented on your posts, but know you're all in my prayers...I certainly feel your pain...

-all the best
Elena

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Elena

Elena

I am so very, very, sorry for all of the pain. Teddy will always be remembered and I know my two Smooch and Snboear are playing with him at the Rainbow Bridge.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
I am truly sorry for your loss of Teddy. In his pictures he reminds me so much on my Buddy. All the first after they were gone are very hard to deal with.
Support is not measured by the numbers of the posts, it shows in way you talk about your dog and what you feel in your heart.
Take care.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This time last year, we were all together. My dad, mom, brother, and you, Teddy. It's hard to believe that I last saw you a year ago. It feels like yesterday...I can't believe that cancer could have taken you, when you were so happy, so active, so alive. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you...

Missing you always <3

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh Elena, my heart sure is with you...I know so much how you feel, so many people here do. I am so so sorry for how sad you are, I know that a year from now I will still be sad, every day, for my Mojo. Your Teddy is a beautiful boy, he looks so much like my Moj did on his back, with his little "Chicklett" full-tooth smile...what a happy angel. He was gone far too soon, just like my special best friend...I will pray that this month is a little easier for you....my special Golden Dallas has been gone 8 years, and my beautiful angel Golden Shamrock has been gone almost 20, and I miss them every single day. It feels right now that I will never, ever, fill the giant hole in my heart that was my Mojo, but I hope some day it hurts less...and I truly hope your pain ebbs and you can remember all the happy, silly, quiet and comforting times you shared with your Teddy. Thinking of you...

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
That first year is always very hard. The first year after Carmella died I remember my mother and I turning to each other and saying sadly "It's May 30th (date of Carmella's death)". Try and focus on the happy moments in your life with Teddy, celebrate the wonderful times you had with him. I'm sorry for your loss, time heals the pain, but it never makes it go completely away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts