Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,
My 15 month old boy has been on raw since he moved in at 8 weeks old and we just can't seem to wean him onto raw liver. We try tiny amounts occassionally that always cause 24-48 hrs of the runs. Have tried rabbit, chicken and veal liver. He is fine on freeze dried liver (which I got to try and help the weaning process) but Im not sure if this is as nutritional as fresh ( and it is sure as hell more expensive!).
He also had the same reaction off a pinch of spirilina I tried once with him, not dure if that is relevant.
So my question is shall i continue to try and wean him on (and if so what shall i do different) or shall i just stick with occassionally giving him the lesser quality freeze dried ( needs to be occassional based on the price...).
Advice from experienced raw feeders needed and welcomed.

·
Kristy
9,487 Posts
There is a facebook group called "Raw Feeding Friends" - I've seen people discussing this issue in the past and ways to overcome it. If you don't find help here, I would check it out. You absolutely have to have your puppy eating the proper mix of organs, I don't know the answer about the nutritional value of raw vs. freeze dried.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts