Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I'm very sorry you lost Cookie. She had such a gorgeous smile-what a beautiful girl. I'm sure my golden angel babies met her at the Bridge. She is surrounded by love.

·
Mom to Oatmeal too!
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Lol yeah that was the grumpiest Santa we met all these years we got Santa pictures done! He made Cookie look extra good. =)

·
Mom to 1 Human & 1 Dog
1,045 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful pup!!! There is just something so adorable about that picture of Cookie just waiting oh-so-patiently for her birthday cake... :)

Rest in peace, sweet girl.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts

·
Mom to Oatmeal too!
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful pup!!! There is just something so adorable about that picture of Cookie just waiting oh-so-patiently for her birthday cake... :)

Rest in peace, sweet girl.
Thank you...she was a great pup. Cookie had a lot of practice over the years with waiting for her birthday cake. She was such a saint, she had to sit through pictures and us singing to her. She was such an easy dog to train...just like most goldens! Once she got hold of her cake though, there was no stopping her until she licked everything clean lol.

·
3 goldens
11,761 Posts
What a beautiful girl. I know how hard it is as I have lost many dogs over 50 years span and I still love and miss every single one of them. Today is the 10th anniversary of losing my 4 year old golden boy, Hunter, to ProHeart6. and then just 4 1/2 short years later, lost his littermate sister, KayCee to cancer. It never gets easier but I would not take for any dog I ever had.

·
Mom to Oatmeal too!
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sorry to hear about your golden babies 3 goldens. I'm sure it must've been extra hard to lose a golden so young...I can't even imagine. I'm sure all our doggies are playing together and having fun. :)

·
Missing Sarah forever
33 Posts
Hi Cookie's Mom, I'm so sorry that I didn't realize you had a recent loss. My belated condolences. I was unable to send you a PM since I am still a newbie to this forum. We are going on 2/28 to see 2-week-old pups at Toryglen in Carver. Still miss my Sarah (yes, some tears are shed) but I desperatley need a Golden to love

·
Mom to Oatmeal too!
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks Icgb53! Yes, I lost my beloved Cookie back in October and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her. We are now looking forward to getting a puppy from Brookshire and the puppy's name is going to be Oatmeal Cookie- we are going to call her Oatmeal. In honor of how great of a dog Cookie was, we want to name all our goldens/dogs after her, a type of cookie!

I didn't realize you didn't have the ability to PM so if you want to keep in touch, we can always write through visitor messages. Can't wait to hear how you make out with Toryglen!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Cookie...losing them is so hard when they've been with us since they were babies. I hope you can find peace in your memories and pictures. And I wish you a wonderful life with Oatmeal..i'm very happy for you. I lost my gorgeous Simon on 01-27, I am so lost without him right now..and so is my husband and our 7 year old golden Sophie. We're all missing our golden boy.

·
Mom to Oatmeal too!
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I'm sorry for your loss of Simon, Sophieanne. It is never easy to say goodbye but at least we still retain all our beautiful memories of them- that is something that nothing can ever take from you!

I am going to meet Oatmeal (whichever one she is as we won't really know until she is 8 weeks old) tomorrow and I'm so excited. I can totally feel Cookie smiling down at me, happy that I am going to give all my love to another deserving golden.

·
Missing Sarah forever
33 Posts
Hi Cookie's Mom, I'm so sorry that I didn't realize you had a recent loss. My belated condolences. I was unable to send you a PM since I am still a newbie to this forum. We are going on 2/28 to see 2-week-old pups at Toryglen in Carver. Still miss my Sarah (yes, some tears are shed) but I desperatley need a Golden to love
Thanks Icgb53! Yes, I lost my beloved Cookie back in October and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her. We are now looking forward to getting a puppy from Brookshire and the puppy's name is going to be Oatmeal Cookie- we are going to call her Oatmeal. In honor of how great of a dog Cookie was, we want to name all our goldens/dogs after her, a type of cookie!

I didn't realize you didn't have the ability to PM so if you want to keep in touch, we can always write through visitor messages. Can't wait to hear how you make out with Toryglen!

Well, as I suspected, we put a deposit for a female at Toryglen. Dianne was very very knowledgable about the breed and there were ribbons and other awards all over the house. There were 11 babies, 8 girls, 3 boys. The pups still had their "snubbed" noses and could barely get themselves around. At 2 weeks, this is the youngest I've ever seen them. My husband and I are so excited about getting our pup.

Also, I love your pics of Cookie with presents. She was so beautiful. I also like to put up Christmas stockings and fill them with new toys and snacks.

We'll be getting our pup at the beginning of May. When are you getting yours? (BTW, I like the name "Oatmeal")

·
Mom to Oatmeal too!
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Well, as I suspected, we put a deposit for a female at Toryglen. Dianne was very very knowledgable about the breed and there were ribbons and other awards all over the house. There were 11 babies, 8 girls, 3 boys. The pups still had their "snubbed" noses and could barely get themselves around. At 2 weeks, this is the youngest I've ever seen them. My husband and I are so excited about getting our pup.

Also, I love your pics of Cookie with presents. She was so beautiful. I also like to put up Christmas stockings and fill them with new toys and snacks.

We'll be getting our pup at the beginning of May. When are you getting yours? (BTW, I like the name "Oatmeal")
Aawww they are so cute at that stage! We actually went to go visit our pup (don't know exactly which one yet!) this past weekend since they just turned five weeks. I posted some pictures in the Golden Retriever Picture section. They were so cute and fluffy.

Thanks! Christmas/Dec 26th (Cookie's Bday) was always Cookie's favorite days. :) We definitely loved to spoil her and it was like she was a person. We are getting our pup at the end of March so it sounds like our pups will be around the same age!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts