Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a private with Debby Quigley today. She informed me that I will be doing agility with Flip because he was born to do agility. She already started laying out a plan for his future agility training. She made me practice right-sided heeling (which I hate, I am such an obedience person).

She really liked Flip. She used to have goldens (had two OTCH goldens), but now only has Border Collies. She said she got out of goldens because she was seeing so many temperment problems in the breed, but loves Flip's temperment and said she might look for another golden pup.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
that's very cool! don't let the "big time" obedience people here hear that, they strongly believe you can only do ONE thing if you want to do it well. (which, of course, I disagree with ;))

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,683 Posts
Wow - that sounds so great!!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
How exciting for you!

Just curious, did the instructor say what makes Flip stand out as an agility dog? My reason for asking, is I am starting my search for my next golden which I plan to be my next agility dog. I see Flip is a Sunfire golden, and I have seen their name come up a few times in various situations. So I just wondered what qualities she saw to think that is what Flip should be. Trying to start my list of places to look for my next dog. :p:

Be sure to let us know how Flip progresses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts