Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Enzo thinks he's still a baby. When he wants to cuddle, he doesn't lay next to me. He lays ON me. My FIL saw him laying on me today and tried telling me that Enzo is trying to "dominate me", which it's very clear to me that he's not. When he was a puppy, he fell asleep laying on my chest at night with his head tucked under my chin. That's still how he likes to fall asleep, only now his body covers pretty much all the way down to my knees. lol I couldn't get him to keep his head down for the picture (he's obsessed with the flash), but just so you can get an idea...totally doesn't look like he's trying to dominate me, right??

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
My bridge boy Bailey would lay on me like that. I loved it! and like you say it definitely was not dominance!

Maybe he's trying to dominate you with LOVE! :)
you are so right, drlori!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I don't think it's dominance either. Hank isn't allowed on the furniture but sometimes when I'm sitting in the recliner he'll put the front part of his body over my lap. He's just wanting some love.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I usually get a lap full of Henry too, followed by here hold my bone, while I chew on it. I think someone's very spoiled, himself. I like it when they're cuddly, but I could do without holding his bone for him.

·
gone
1,443 Posts
Oh Bayne crawls up on my lap too, but he's way to heavy and there's just no more room. He isn't allowed on the furniture without permission and that is only ONE couch and that's the one I sit on. He never gets up on the other furniture at all. But,,, he's sooooo heavy.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I'm glad that people are moving away from fearing that dogs are scheming ways to dominate their humans at every turn! Personally I love when Cookie lays in my lap at night. It keeps me warm. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I usually get a lap full of Henry too, followed by here hold my bone, while I chew on it. I think someone's very spoiled, himself. I like it when they're cuddly, but I could do without holding his bone for him.
Tundra likes to lay close to us (but thankfully not on us since he weighs 88 lbs) and he's always bringing one of his bones for us to hold so he can chew on it. Like you, I could do without holding his bones!LOL

·
Registered
510 Posts
Amber will occasionally lay in my lap. I don't mind. However, that initial jump to get there can be a shock. She weighs over 75 pounds now and is quite a lapful. She won't just lay still, though, and wants to lick and wiggle.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
So cute! My bridge boy used to do that too. He used to sleep so deep that even though I wanted to move I wouldn't so that he could continue to sleep.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Cute picture!

I told Danny last night that I couldn't see the reason for looking for a little lap dog, since my lap already belongs to him . He never just sits next to me, he lies right on top of me. I love every second of it. Oh, and he doesn't have a dominant bone in his body.

·
Bailey Boy~ Best Friend
409 Posts
Oh so cute! I remember your post from when he was a pup, asking about seeping in the bed-I think- and ou described him just tat way! I'm envious- bailey my bridge boy was a bed pup- usd to lay on the pillows with his head in my face- bello my new boy isn't there yet- plays too much I stead of settling own at night!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts