Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

Going Through tough situation i really need help actually my 1 year golden retriever stop eating by her self for 15 days actually he dont finish her meal so i start feeding her but now she dont take her food by her self if i dont feed her even if i take his food for 1 hour in front of her he dont take a a small bite as well may . dont know what happens with her why she dont take her food please help.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
Maybe you could change her food, try something different.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
You know your dog better than anyone, if you think something is wrong find another Vet and get another opinion.
Maybe change the food, add an egg or some meat. But don't let this go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i tried too many different food but its almost same if i feed her you finish all but dont take a single bite by her self .

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
You really must take her back to your vet and demand at least bloodwork and an ultrasound to check for a blockage. If your current vet refuses, you MUST find a new vet! Not eating for 15 days is very serious!

The vet should also check for any teeth problems, mouth problems, etc. Make sure the vet does a COMPLETE checkup.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Subham, not sure what the reason is. She eats all the food only if you feed her by hand. But otherwise no? Could be a silly suggestion, but try feeding her in some other bowl than the one you currently have.

How is her stool? Is it normal? What about her activity level?

I would go to a different vet and get a second opinion. Where are you located? Do you know other pet owners; if yes, ask them which vet they recommend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts